Walrus 13: Reveal!!

This was my favorite round by far. BANGERS!!!

2 Likes

I think these are correct updated standings:

goofyballer leading with 26 points followed by

@m_hood115 24
@cassette 23
@FuncrusherPlus 22
@MrWookie 21
@MysteryConman 17
@Pauwl 16
@6ix 13
@pyatnitski 13
@R.C 12
@rivaldo 11

Quite a battle for the top spot!

4 Likes

I plan on having category 4 reveal ready for tomorrow evening. Will try to give an ETA tomorrow.

1 Like

ezgif-1-93303c8061c2

Somehow I didn’t think Angry Typing Cat would be in play this Walrus but here we are.

3 Likes

Conspiracy theory: I’m crushing the final three categories and I called my shot in category 2, so, this category was the only chance to get a good ATC rant.

I mean, top picks,

the kickdrum and snare mark the tempo, it doesn’t matter how many hi-hats are in-between! This is madness!

there’s actually a technical explanation I can provide but that would ruin the tone lol

These numbers are from super official authority on this topic getsongbpm.com

1 Like

Lesson for the future, don’t submit Fergie.

1 Like

lol wait you don’t think I’m Actually Mad do you?

Does this mean I win at the leveling?

1 Like

It wasn’t the sole criteria, but just used to randomly add info here and there.

Lol I think it means Funcrusher has me on edge, I’m purposefully not trying to level.

Like, to this,

I was about to reply, “Well, my numbers come from being an audio mixing engineer and musician and using my actual ears!” But then I was like, “Holy shit I don’t want it to seem like I’m Actually Mad lol…”

My honest reaction would be to nerd out about the music theory of tempo perception thinking people might find it fun and interesting.

1 Like

i’ve pretty much given up on expecting more than last place, the only thing that might make me mad now is if it turns out meb is into the wrong kind of 2000s indie rock

lol emphasis mine:

2000s Indie Rock - Some of my favorite music of all time comes from this Era/Genre combo. You may submit a song for this category that isn’t from this era if you believe it fits the category well.

prepare to be trolled lol

nerd out already ffs

If you submitted another Radiohead song it won’t go well.

I will only state that at least one person did choose to submit a song from outside of this era. We’ll learn later this week if it paid off for them.

naw i would never submit the same band twice in this, unless that was a requirement

1 Like

there’s a very real chance I’m gonna get three firsts and three lasts in this

2 Likes