6th @FuncrusherPlus
5th @R.C
4th @MrWookie
3rd @goofyballer

1 Like

noooo

In 2nd place earning 10 points

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Cabin Fever

This was unexpectedly so good. Gained extra points because psychedelic rock isn’t something I normally listen to a lot of. At different points in the song made me think of Pixies, Destroyer, and Smashing Pumpkins. Still wish this song would have been a little tighter, and that’s probably what ultimately separated the top 2. But really enjoyed this overall.

1 Like

I’m confused…what did this category have to do with film noir?

And separate from that: since the instructions were iirc to pick something that we listened to a lot during quarantine OR evokes isolation, then basically any submission could be within the box.

1 Like

There it is. Was worried I went a little too far with the isolation theme. Glad you liked it.

3 Likes

Well, I guess there is nothing wrong with your taste in music. :)

4 Likes

fuck I should’ve submitted Crimson And Clover

When people have submitted a Miles or Coltrane track to a walrus it’s usually been a disaster for them.

1 Like

Your Category Champion earning 11 points

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Call Me

When this song started, I thought I was listening to something out of motown, and really that’s what this is to me, with a modern spin. A really enjoyable listen that I wouldn’t have expected to like as much as I did. Definitely hits some of that isolation feel too.

5 Likes

Congrats to @m_hood115 on the category win!

Nobody ever sees the chubby white guy with soul coming at them, and then it’s all over.

5 Likes

Over and over

2 Likes

I saw these guys at a music festival right before everything locked down, in a festival full of EDM acts they stood out the most.

Swanky submitted Suicide once before so it could also be him.

1 Like

would be impressive if swanky finished 5th without playing

2 Likes

Oh fuck - it’s generally good advice to just ignore my posts.

1 Like

You don’t associate the idea of isolation with film noir?

If psychiatrist asked me for my top 100 word associations that relate to isolation, film noir would never even cross my mind.

I might come up with “isolation” eventually when the prompt was “film noir,” but not the other way around.

1 Like