Video Games

The game mechanics aren’t The Witcher’s strong point, it’s more about the writing, worldbuilding, etc. Mostly I just like riding my horse around and playing cards.

1 Like

I love the story. I’m a girl, so, stereotypically, story in games is my number 1 draw. It must have good writing and characters to get me interested. It’s why bullshit like Fortnite and all those other battle royale, shooter, and MOBA type games don’t interest me at all.

I play shooters on single player. the campaign mode. Because I want to see if they took the time to write a decent story. Sadly, all the good ones are old…it’s passe to have good writing in a shooter game now.

My gaming choices are becoming more and more limited as the “attention span of a gnat” generation are taking over the development and marketing of games, and good RPGs and story-based action games are dying out.

2 Likes

Have you read the books the game was based on? Soild stuff.

The Forest was on sale, so I bought it on a lark and spent the afternoon playing it. It’s a survival game like Subnautica only set in a spooky-ass forest with cannibal/zombie dudes that attack you when you’re out chopping wood. Great horror experience.

1 Like

Free on Epic:

Arkham Knight/City/Asylum + Lego Batman 1-3

2 Likes

catching up on some older single player games. I’m about halfway through NieR: Automata, and it is fantastic. Yes, it’s a little odd, but all JRPGs are, and the concept of this one is unique.

It’s on PS4, of course, but also on Steam and Xbox

1 Like

I really wish i felt like playing something other than Slay the Spire or Rocket League but I don’t. Started a bunch of the game mentioned in here but cannot get into anything for more than a few hours.

Spire is amazing… I put in 300+ hrs and beat A20 heart with all 3 characters. I tried out the new character for a few hours and just got crushed except for one super carried run.

Right now I’m playing Borderlands 3 which is easy enough to pop in and out off. I really want to get Link’s Awakening but I’m pretty sure my girlfriend would kill me if I bought another game atm.

Unrelated but I’m coming back up tomorrow for the freeroll that I qualified for after winning the last tournament, might have some time midday if you’re around, I can’t PM you.

ahahahaha, this game is awesome, you get to be an asshole goose. I stole a kid’s glasses. Great game.

1 Like

What rank in rocket league

Ive been watching this one for a while and been excited about it, lol

1 Like

Ehh I’m able to make gold now although I’m often overmatched in those games. I think I’m Gold 3 in 3v3 and Silver 3 in 2v2

I’m enjoying wow classic atm

1 Like

yeah I’m enjoying it at the moment as well

Joined a guild, and they are all in on raiding Molten Core as soon as possible, like this weekend. I’m sitting back at lvl 19, still feeling like I have played a bit, and like MC this weekend?

But yeah wow classic still hits me

1 Like

I had a lot of fun playing this game and the visual gag at the end is chef’s kiss, but it’s very short for the $15 price point and there’s not much replay value. Wait for it to come down a bit imo.

So, I saw something about Red Dead Redemption 2 coming to PC. As someone who didn’t play 1, should I be excited?

I got a switch a few weeks ago, and there’s a sale on the steamworld games ATM. I’ve put maybe 3 hours into Steamworld Dig and Steamworld Heist and both are pretty enjoyable. 100% worth their current prices of like 3 and 6 dollars respectively.

Its way better than 1

I did an Unstuck Exiles colony in Rimworld where I just named all my colonists after posters on here. A lot of you guys died, unfortunately, and it was really sad, but the most tragic moment came after a big raid by pirates where they captured several of you. Some were rescued through prisoner missions but a few years later, the pirates attacked again, this time with Microbet fighting among them. In a chaotic firefight in a field outside of the walls of the Unstuck compound, microbet killed kre8tive, moments before he himself was killed by senorkeeed. Just tragic.

11 Likes

Anyone else play wgt golf? Most realistic golf game on the market in my opinion.

Just scored a 60 at bethpage black in this month’s Virtual Tour tournament. Course is brutally long from the black tees. Had the most unreal round of my life. 240 feet of putting and multiple 30 footers, several 20-25 footers made as well.