Video Games

I wanted destroy, but I got confused and thought I had picked synthesis by the dialog options and thought I was locked in because I didn’t realize you could go up the ramps to the left and right. Reloaded and the 2nd time I tried to refuse everything and ended up letting reapers destroy everything because I didn’t want to be locked into synthesis again. Because of how long the dialog was between the last two scenes I had to sit through an hour of repetitive things to just try and get back to be able to choose destroy and that’s when I posted my frustration.

Anderson seems to like the destroy option as his ghost nods in approval.

Yeah I didn’t see that there were other ramps either. Pretty confusing design for the final choice of the game.

1 Like

I asked my daughter to help choose my next game, giving her a choice between Nier Automata and Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. She picked the first one because the cover looks cool.

2 Likes

Nier: Automata is awesome. Tons of endings too. Just keep playing and playing.

She chose…wisely.

It is an amazing game, and surprisingly deep/emotional.

One hint: you haven’t finished the game the first time you finish the game. You need to go through at least 2 more times to see then entire story. And you’ll want to.

1 Like

How old is your daughter and will she be playing with you? Because Nier is… dense. That’s absolutely not a bad thing, but for a younger kid, a good percentage of it will whoosh right past them.

Lad:iw is great, dropped 80hrs into it. You really need to have played lad:yakuza 7. (If youve played the whole series 0-6 and judgement and lost judgement moments will hit more)

I’m not at home, so I don’t have Steam available, but I am in definitely my best run. Hit endless, am on ante 10 or 11 right now. Getting hands in the 1 and 2 millions every time. Almost had a 3 million-point hand.

Don’t remember all the jokers names, but I have Ancient, which gives you 1.5x multiplier for a certain suit, the joker that duplicates what’s to its right (which is Ancient, so I get 1.5x twice), Smeared joker, which makes all black and all red suits the same (therefore I’m rocking flushes every hand), the joker that gives you 4 mult for every club, and a joker that gets 0.1x mult every time I use a planet card. I think I’m at Flush level 14.

I’ll probably have to get rid of the joker that adds mult for every club and try to find one with a multiplier I can increase or else I won’t make it much farther.

2 Likes

I’ll be playing by myself. She’s playing Stardiew Valley.

2 Likes

I just resumed my game and oh boy, Ante 11 really takes it up a notch. Need 7.2 million to beat the Small Blind. Got 4.8 million on my first hand. I think this game is going to end soon.

I can’t figure out how to get a deck going that doesn’t feature the Vagabond card (basically a free Tarot card every hand played)

I do like how the game has great early game cards, and great late game cards. Late game is almost always about Xmult. Then mid game are the cards that are about growing towards late game. I love the card that gains x.25mult per card gained.

An early game popcorn, or an early game easy +mult can run through multiple blinds to get the interest up high.

Also I could be wrong but I do recommend buying the blank voucher whenever possible. Looking at the collection if you buy blank 10 times it unlocks a new voucher. Hopefully this isn’t a troll and it removes blank and provides something with value.

1 Like

Ahhhh I hadnt seen that about blank. I keep skipping it. Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Self destructing didn’t do what I expected…

Yeah cards with infinite scaling like the x.25 mult per card gained are amazing. My best run was doing the “max chips=max money” challenge which was surprisingly easy because you start with 100 and get 20 interest/round. I had an incredible combo with one of the x.25 mult jokers, the joker that copies the ability of the joker to its right, the x5 mult on straight joker, and the joker that gives +mult per $2 (i think that is what it is), i had $571 at the end. Got to ante 12 round 27 with a 12.8 mil hand, but ante 12 small blind requires 300 mil.

Needed a good negative joker or another money mult joker to replace my worst joker (holographic +15 mult) with a better end game one.

I just got to Ante 12 for the first time (this was a Rich get Richer Challenge run, not regular) and saw the 300 million. wtf at this. There’s no way I’m getting past the small blind.

EDIT: Yeah, didn’t come close.

This is what I had at the end. The second Joker had a +53 mult and the vampire had x9.2 mult. My best hand was 21.8 million.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone get past 300M. Obscene

9.2X is bonkers, I think I got my “Skipped blind gets .5x mult” joker up to 5.5 as my highest x mult

As I noted, it was the Rich get Richer challenge, so I was able to buy packs and cards like crazy. I think I got it up to 5-6 once before.

To be fair my 3 billion was the rich get richer run. Jokers were something insane like double all probabilities, ̶1̶/̶3̶ 2/3 chance heart doubles multiplier, face cards reroll, steel card built up to around 6x, card multiplier built up to like 10x, uncommon cards give 1.5x. Haven’t beaten ante 12 in a normal run.