Video Games

6 Likes

Holy shit, Midas mask plus vampire is giga broken.

Also, hell yeah WAR. What was your joker setup?

+2multi per 5 gold
+multi per hand type played
X steel
X per card added
+chips per card
blueprint
perkeo (dupes a consumable and makes the dupe negative)

Also had the voucher which makes planet cards in your consumable area give 1.5X each and I make another two of them per round. This was the main engine and might have been able to go further if I didnā€™t occasionally forget to blueprint it or could have gotten my first Jupiter earlier.

Iā€™ve finished all five story endings of Nier: Automata plus most of the side content with 70 hours of playtime. You could definitely get through this quite a bit faster if you want to, although Iā€™m still having fun finishing a few bits and pieces.

As far as difficulty goes, itā€™s pretty manageable. Since Iā€™m old I tend to play almost everything on ā€œnormal difficulty.ā€ There were a couple spots that I found frustrating but that were made much easier by mechanics that arenā€™t completely explained in the game. Thereā€™s also an easy mode that you can switch on and off at any point, so you shouldnā€™t let difficulty deter you.

This is the most philosophical game Iā€™ve ever played, and the writing is very strong. I cried at a few points. Overall, Iā€™d say that this is must-play for anyone who likes sci-fi and action RPGs.

This reminds me what a great year 2017 was for new games. Along with this one we got Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, and a lot of other good stuff. Maybe 2017 was as strong as 2023.

2 Likes

Damn you hustled through that bad boy. I wanna play it again now

Got a switch for my BD with the newest Zelda game. What else is good.

Thereā€™s so much good stuff on the Switch, including ports of older games. Really depends what youā€™re into.

Iā€™d say Mario Kart 8 is a must if you like racing games, or ever play multiplayer.

Mostly play sports games and games like RDR2 and the Witcher on PS

Donā€™t plan on playing sports games on switch

Howā€™s animal crossing?

Hated AC loved Stardew so Iā€™d start with that.

Any other Tekken 8 players?!?! Lets go I still got here in my late 40s.

1 Like

The Metroid Prime remaster on Switch is supposed to be really good. Iā€™ve only played the original on GameCube.

2 Likes

Deep Rock Galactic $10 on Steam

1 Like

Also Metroid Dread

1 Like

Fucking Balatro, baby

5 Likes

Not sure if any of these are good, but mods are live!

1 Like

Have you tried Ico and Shadow of the Colossus? Might be tough to find Ico anymore, but Shadow of the Colossus is essentially a sequel to that game. They have a mystical, philosophical feel to them that not many games can emulate.

If you havenā€™t played the original Bioshock, it is also philosophical, but in a different way (and much more action in that, heh)

1 Like

I havenā€™t played those games, but theyā€™re on my radar. If it wasnā€™t available on a Nintendo console prior to the PS4 era, then I almost certainly havenā€™t played it. One the one had, I missed out on a lot of stuff. On the other hand, itā€™s a great time for me to be a gamer because there is a huge back catalog of amazing games. It doesnā€™t make sense for me to pay full price for a mediocre new game when I can get a great game for $20 or less, although Iā€™ve definitely made that mistake a few times (looking at you, Avengers).

Well at least you didnt buy Suicide Squad, right?

Cue Prince/Princess in a field meme

No, thatā€™s not really my type of game, and I had learned my lesson by then. The Avengers came hot on the heels of the great Spider-Man game, so I was hoping it would be like that but with more characters.

1 Like

Fair enough. I might have pulled the trigger as well if it wasnt available on gamepass

+1 on Shadow of the Colossus. What an epic game. Played it on PS2 and the remake on PS4 which was phenomenal