Video Games

I always hear about a lot of good stuff on those subscription services, but I worry that I might play things too slowly to get my money’s worth. Recently I’ve been binging games, but there are other times when I hardly do any gaming at all.

It might be just me, but I played probably 20-30 hours of Tears of the Kingdom and I just found myself wanting to play more but not actively enjoying it when I played it. I’d liken it to when I play dumb phone games where the dopamine searching part of my brain wants me to grind more levels but I don’t get any enjoyment or satisfaction out of doing so.

As someone who loves the Dark Souls series, difficult 2D Platformers, and Hollow Knight (the blend of the two), I just didn’t feel like the Zelda combat or world was all that interesting to play or explore. At a certain point it just felt so vast that my mind was so hyperaware of the fact that it has to be generated by a computer process and I couldn’t get over that fact.

I fully accept that it’s a great game for people who love the open world and vehicle building and all of that, but I am at peace with the fact that it isn’t for me.

2 Likes

Most times those games arent just avaialble for the current month and are yours to keep forever (or until your sub expires)

1 Like

Playstation makes you pay $80-100(I forget) annually in order to play any games online which comes with 3 downloads a month. I got the basic tier and the free games used to be better before they launched two higher tiers, but you still get some decent ones. I always add the games to my library and every 3-4 months might end up playing one that was rated highly. I usually buy the 1 or 2 blockbuster games each year and then just look at the library for filler games.

1 Like

Finished ME2. There were way more choices in this game, but it didn’t feel overwhelming. The game strongly telegraphed the consequences of your decisions, so it wasn’t too much sweat to get a good ending. That’s based on my perspective of having played other games that were heavily influenced my ME2 (or its influences), though, and I can see how the experience could have been different for someone playing at launch.

There’s much more that I’m still digesting, so I’ll probably give more thoughts after finish ME3.

Surveying for rare elements still very important.

4 Likes

Thanks, I finished ME1 and liked it, but had to turn the difficulty up at the end to the 2nd hardest and feel like maybe I should have had it on the hardest. ME2 I started on the 2nd highest difficulty and it’s a good choice. Being a sniper seems like the game is on easy mode until I run out of ammo.

My only gripe about ME2 is the game appears to want you to ask about everyone’s feelings and doesn’t reward you if you don’t care.

I’m probably only about halfway through Mass Effect 3, but I’ve got to say it’s my favorite one because they finally automated this fish tank. Shepherd doesn’t have time to worry about feeding the fish.

3 Likes

If you seduced Kelly in ME2 she does it for you.

Yes, but the real question is, Shep, or Femshep?

1 Like

Slay the Spire always hooks me back in. Now I’m trying to work up the ascension levels

1 Like

This one

Boooooooooooooo

4 Likes

Need some renegade rep

I think killing Udina was my only major renegade action

If you like X Com, you’ll like Rogue Trader. It can get a bit exhausting though near the end. The presentation ain’t Larian level but whatever.

Exhausting because it becomes too hard or too easy? Xcom often has the problem of the latter.

Ill check it out though, Xcom 2 is in my top 5.

Hmmm, Ive never played a 40K game. Arent they normally more 4X or strat based?

It’s 70-100 hourish and it can be a drag near the end. But after BG3 I liked its directness and how it doesn’t rely that much on gear management. Well worth a try. :+1:

Femshep always and forever. Not because I am also female, but because the voice acting is infinitely better. The inimitable Jennifer Hale IS Shepard, and I think even Bioware has grudgingly accepted that if they had to choose a canon shep, it would probably be Femshep.

I’ll never forget this incredible teaser trailer for ME: Andromeda that came out on N7 day several years back. Just absolutely one of my favorite game trailers ever (too bad Andromeda didn’t live up to the hype), probably because I’ve also always been a space nerd.

Yes, Femshep is and always will be the correct answer

2 Likes