Video Games

Half-Life is free on Steam. It’s the 25th anniversary.

2 Likes

HL3 soon…

2 Likes

Jedi Survivor is $35 on Amazon

1 Like

I couldn’t bring my PlayStation with me for Thanksgiving, so I decided to try something new on the Switch: Dragon Quest XI S.

After a few hours it seems like a combination of baby’s first JRPG and a playable anime, but it’s a nice change of pace from the more “grown up” games I’ve been playing lately. While I don’t play many JRPGs, I did own Dragon Warrior (aka Dragon Quest 1) on the NES. I was too young to have the patience to finish it, but I do have some fond memories of battling slimes that this is bringing back.

1 Like

Hey, who wants a Vampire Survivors/Hades hybrid?

Everyone?

Sweet, thank me later

3 Likes

Assasin’s Creed Syndicate for PC is free on the Ubisoft Connect store.

1 Like

Binding of Isaac: Repentance online beta coming Friday.

Saw this larger-than-life model of Link at the Nintendo store

1 Like

PAX East 8 months ago

This situation with The Completionist and what appears to be for all intents and purposes a charity scam (in his fucking dead mother’s name) is absolutely fucked.

I used to watch the show for a while up to a few years ago where it kind of fell out of my rotation. Really scummy bullshit brought to us by Karl Jobst.

3 Likes

I just watched that earlier. Absolutely wild. There’s some added cringe/entertainment that he released his penultimate “new game plus” video just days before Karl’s first video exposing this scam. The final video was to be about DKC2 I believe, which if I recall he has referenced as having some kind of connection to mother or helping him get over his mother’s death. She died of dementia, which is what he’s been raising funds for. I think I’m close on this but don’t kill me if I’m off a bit. Anyway, what a shit show. Sounds like he torched a highly lucrative YouTube career for a few hundred grand?

If you want to donate to charity and receive £1100 worth of games as a reward for your generosity now’s the time.

https://jinglejam.tiltify.com/

1 Like

2 Likes

Been playing BG3. It’s very well done but it’s slower than I expected, a reasonably difficult and complex turn based game that either requires familiarity with or some keenness to learn the current D&D rule set.

It’s not what I expected, but the story is very deep and there is a lot of freedom in builds/tactics that rewards creative approaches to challenges.

I think it’s too slow and complex with too much story to play very efficiently, but it’s definitely an accomplishment in game programming and design. Lots going on under the hood.

1 Like
1 Like

Thought that didnt hit til tomorrow

It leaked on Twitter so they went ahead and released it officially

Oh shit, well fuck those people that leaked it