Video Games

My problem playing evil is it always seems like the game wants it to be difficult to be evil. If I need a ring and the good path is do quest and the evil path is stab quest giver, evil should be easier. You’re taking shortcuts.

I usually go for more of The Doctor levels of good guy where I help everyone but it you’re irredeemable you may get a fate worse then death

Yeah the issue is that evil in games often means making choices with the stupidest outcomes.

Like in BG3, n order to get Minthara you basically lose out on 3 other companions and a lot of other story later. I wish games would find ways to make it less “evil=dumb” and more “evil = different.”

One game that actually did this really well is Pathfinder:Wrath of the Righteous. A game I highly recommend, btw.

1 Like

I know Kotaku can be pretty full of shit but this wpuld be quite shocking if true.

This pretty well nails the disaster of releasing Starfield after BG3

1 Like

This is pretty cool. Niftski saved every possible frame rule in the original SMB and is only 22 frames away in the final level from acheiving machine level perfection of the game

1 Like

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bethesda might have thought that BG3 was past the “hype” phase, since people have been playing the public pre-release version for 3 years.

I’m a rogue vampire elf playing lawful good

1 Like

Man, I gotta admit, I revisited Tears of the Kingdom after playing prob 30 hours and beating 2 of the 4 main regions. Kept with it for like 30 minutes and just had no desire to keep playing.

Just feels like wandering around a giant AI created map crafting vehicles that work unreliably.

It’s probably that modern open world games just aren’t for me and I have to be ok with that.

Hogwarts legacy is fun

Started playing BG3

But also, first skill check

5 Likes

Chaucer, nice. Must be a bard

Even though on paper this game should be perfect for me, I just can’t get into it. I think it’s the limited field of view thing. Just feels like I’m in a box.

1 Like

Yup. I played a lot today. I feel like I made some good progress but there still seem to be 100 mechanics that I don’t have a good grasp on

1 Like

I was excited because I thought the wizard wanted to fuck me, but he just wanted one of my artifacts

2 Likes

I want a mod that has Matt Berry as the voice actor of Gale.

4 Likes

Oh, dont worry.

The fucking will come

BG3 is pretty awesome so far but I wish it would auto save a little more often so I don’t accidentally get my party wiped after beating a boss, leveling up, and then getting spotted through a crack in the walls by another group of enemies.