Video Games

Moving Out 2 releases later today. Made by 2+2’s El Kabong, the first game was a ton of fun, and was a challenging 100% Been looking forward to a sequel

1 Like

The premise of this game caught my attention. I don’t know how the game will turn out but sometimes you just hear something that sounds funny/crazy

The year is 1943. You are a vampire commando with a single mission: drink all of Hitler’s blood.

EAT THE REICH is a brand-new roleplaying game from the people who brought you Spire, Heart, and Honey Heist.

Back it on Kickstarter NOW

https://twitter.com/gshowitt/status/1692189754928873900?s=20

3 Likes

Starfield is getting hammered with negative opinions from a plethora of streamers atm but the game kind of checks the important boxes for me for what I would personally enjoy as far as enjoying a Bethesda game.

Jake Baldino seems to be pretty happy with it.

1 Like

Studio that made Saints Row is shutting down.

they tried to get the saudis to give them 2 billion and they balked last minute I guess

as much as they’re throwing at all sorts of stuff how did you ruin that

I played all of saints row at some point except the one they released last year I guess, obviously I wasn’t the only one.

Gave into the hype and got Balders Gate. It’s pretty good so far. I try to avoid save scumming. Let’s see how long that lasts.

2 Likes

Buy lots of resurrection scrolls.

1 Like

Started Baldur’s Gate, Crit 1 fail on the first roll.

I chose the Rogue character. He’s been handy, I’ve been picking locks and disarming traps like wild. Very first dungeon spoiler - Dank Crypt.

He got me into the temple right by the beach where you get Withers to join up. Because he picked the lock I was in there at level 1 and just barely survived. Turning undead would have been clutch, Shadowheart

Fort Solis took about 4 hours. Not worth the price at this point. Pretty much a sci-fi movie that you walk through and can never die in start to finish.

1 Like

Thanks for the review. Someone I normally trust was hyping this game but I thought it just looked like a walking simulator. Might still play when it’s on sale.

The last major Halo tournament before the World Championship next month happened this weekend.

There are two teams that are a cut above the rest of the field, SpaceStation and Optic. All their games vs each other have been incredible.

They played perhaps the most-skilled and most memorable Grand Finals of any Halo tournament I’ve ever seen.

No spoilers, go watch it! And I can’t wait to see them match up again at Worlds on October 13-15.

The creators of the absurdly awesome The Messenger have just released their follow up. A turn based JRPG called Sea of Stars which is just great. Check it out. Im about 8 hours in and loving it.

I’ve been playing GTA 5 for the first time over the past few days

Dislike: airplane controls
Strong dislike: helicopter controls
Really like: moving containers around the port

Maybe the next game should be all about containers

2 Likes

Sounds like what you really want to play is Sokoban.

Or Tetris.

1 Like

In BG3 - can I not Feather Fall in to every hole? I sunk into the Goblin Camp, and there’s this big hole that had some traps around it. I can’t seem to jump in. I cast Feather Fall, and I can’t walk into the pit, and if I try to jump it won’t allow me to select the area. I googled but couldn’t find anything - maybe not all holes we can jump into?

Seems like Starfield released at the exact wrong time. Its absolutely inferior to BG3 in almost every way. It will still make money, but this is not the second coming of TES or Fallout.

I played for about three hours tonight. I’m unlikely to pick it back up until I’ve finished both BG3 and Sea of Stars, and maybe not even then as Gamepass has Lamplighter’s League in a month, and Cities:Skylines 2 coming out a few weeks later.

1 Like

Good News, evil BG3 players: The hotfix that fixed the bug preventing like 1500 lines of Minthara’s dialogue came out this morning. So if you feel like slaughtering some innocent tiefling kids to get that hot drow nookie, now’s the time!

I always have trouble playing evil characters. I’m somehow a tiefling warlock who always does the right thing.

4 Likes

Im the exact opposite. Ever since I was little Ive had an affinity for the bad guy. Maleficent was the first real bad ass character I remember. I always pulled for Gruber over McClaine, Ted Dibiase and evil Doink were my first favorite wrestling characters.

So when I RP, its almost always as a heel, even though I know there is some great gear/items/cool shit Im missing out by not playing the hero.