Video Games

Baldur’s Gate 3 has serious GOAT equity

2 Likes

I’m torn on whether I should pick up BD3 now for PC or wait for September and get the PS5 version. If both were available today I probably go for PS5 so I’m leaning towards waiting.

What are you folks doing?

I’ve tried to go back and play BG and BG2 but I never got far. Only reason I’m hesitant on picking up the third is I hate not having story context

I’ve played through BG2 quite a few times. It was nice how there were multiple paths and quests depending on your side characters and your choices (even if ultimately you ended up in the same spot).

Really looking forward to BG3.

Waiting for PS5 / couch co-op. Also seems quite buggy still.

I’ve heard 3 takes place so far after 1 and 2 it doesn’t really matter

1 Like

No more Boo?!?

I remember trying to play BG2 on normal difficulty and getting absolutely rekt in the first area

1 Like

Yeah - the first dungeon is one of the hardest parts due to the limited ability to heal. I had to figure out how to kite the enemy groups to beat it consistently on higher difficulties.

started BG3. They’ve really nailed the D&D feel, I think. I love that they didn’t try to hide the dice roll aspect and leaned into it instead.

Game looks great, too.

Will get back to you on story, etc.

Don’t have a gaming PC, so I’ve been playing Pikmin 4 instead of Baldur’s Gate. This is my first Pikmin game, and it’s pretty fun. My son is really into it too, so we’ve been taking turns.

1 Like

Do you need to play BG 1 and 2 to play 3?

Different developer and it takes place far enough into the future it doesn’t really matter in terms of story.

I’m doing it, but only because I’ve heard so much about the games. BG1 is ok I guess, a little sloggy

never played a D & D or BG 1 and 2, should I get 3 anyway?

Have you played (c)RPGs before? Then yes. Probably yes anyways, but it might not be to your liking

I liked the Witcher despite the poor gameplay for the story. I love dark souls and sekiro for the gameplay, but am meh on the story and lore.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 22-14-21 Home _ X

https://twitter.com/ImKeithDavid/status/1689760125308096512

The only choice, really.

Stray is available on Xbox