Video Games

Yea the autosave should be every 10 minutes or so. I’ve regretted getting wiped and then starting like an hour back

I save after every major fight essentially

I save after every successful die roll :expressionless:

3 Likes

This is a nice tutorial. Yeah, it’s long but it will probably end up saving you a lot of time if you’re new to this type of game. I’ve been watching it in chunks over lunch, and I’ve learned a ton of stuff that I hadn’t figure out in 40 hours of gameplay. Like each character can have a max of 4 inspiration points at a time.

1 Like

This is good to know. Ill use my rerolls more liberally

Going to need a new computer - my hard drive isn’t big enough to download BG3.

Yeah, Lucky Ghost is one of my favorite gaming channels. This is a great guide.

I was chatting with a friend who is in Act 3 and just found out that he totally missed the “normal” character creation option and thought the only way to play a custom character was the Dark Urge…so his first playthrough was as Dark Urge and I cannot even imagine…lol

So for those thinking of picking up the game: if you want to make your own custom character, you do NOT have to play as Dark Urge.

Did you ever finish it though?
My gf and I have close to 500 hours in it but never made it past (or deep into) act 4, mostly because

• the environment in act 4 is very annoying
  • having access to a ton to of buffs is great, spending the time applying them is not and it gets worse over time
  • crusader mode is ok but also takes a ton of time, so by the time act 4 comes around, we’re pretty much burned out

In Grymforge if you want to save the gnomes, is there a better approach than taking the high ground in the main room, killing all the Duergars before you free Nere, and then killing Mere as soon as you clear the rubble? That’s what I ended up doing after trying to free Nere first a couple times.

You can get half the duergar to help you fight Nere. There’s one you can talk to beforehand that will make a deal with you.

Yes, a few times. I think it really depends on which mythic path you choose. Some are more fleshed out than others, for sure.

As for buffs, there’s a mod that lets you apply them all in one click. It’s essential.

I pushed one guy in the lava then was like “oh sorry total accident my bad”. Then pushed another into the lava and then they started fighting me down 2 big hitters lol.

Yeah playing on the ps5, no mods…meh, next time around we’ll make it I’m sure

If y’all are enjoying BG3, I highly recommend Divinity: Original Sin 2 (1 is ok, but 2 is a standout, and you don’t need to play the first for story).

It’s a similar RPG without the DnD 5e rules, so some things are a bit less constrained. It’s super fun and the reason I was hyped for BG3 for a while…Larian makes good stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks. I talked to a few of them and they all seemed like assholes so I didn’t bother talking to the rest.

and unlike pathfinder (or the also excellent pillars of eternity 2), it works great on the playstation, it’s our favorite (and probably most played) split-screen co-op game.

This quest is super duper broken and if you have done some random stuff already (it’s unclear what exactly, it seems like multiple things break it) then this dude will say “Private conversation, go away” when you talk to him and there’s nothing you can do.

This area breaks in other ways, like the above happened to me and I eventually decided to murder everyone in the Grymforge because I didn’t like any of those assholes and when I rested at camp in the middle of doing this, when I came back the Grymforge was deserted and Nere was lying there dead. You can engineer this outcome deliberately if you want to, google for details.

I started a durge playthrough and realized I did act 1 completely “wrong” first time as I stumbled into the underdark and the dwarf place and then popped out in the basement next to halsin and murdered the entire zone without a word to any one… grove saved successfully?

The way Larian have set this up is very confusing. Usually in RPGs the pattern is that when you have some main-quest task to do, you do everything else first so you don’t miss side quests. In this, I had a main-quest task (infiltrate Moonrise Towers) and ignored it to go do side stuff, and it warned me when I was about to enter the final stages of a quest that it might irrevocably change things, and I was like “what does that mean” and googled for help, and what it meant was that I was about to bypass a whole main-quest section lol. Literally people are talking to me about characters I haven’t met like I know what they’re talking about because apparently Larian expected me to obediently go do the main-quest stuff immediately. As far as I know what I’m doing is a character’s side quest, but apparently it is in fact the main story.

I’m in a similar situation. I got a warning message when I tried to take the elevator from the Underdark to Moonrise towers. I didn’t want to get locked out of content, so I’m trying to wrap up the rest of the Act I stuff first. Narratively it is a little confusing. The dialogue makes it sound like you need to choose between Underdark and Mountain Pass, but apparently you can do both!