Video Games

That’s the whole point! One of my favorite games, never could get into the newer version. They could probably get sued but where’s the fun in that.

Got a PS5 yesterday, tried to transfer my data over from the PS4…don’t if you do end up getting one.
Just transfer over the basic data and saved game stuff and redownload everything else. Somehow I had 400gb of other data I couldn’t delete and had to factory reset my system.

Also, the new PS5 overheated twice and shut down within 5 minutes of playing ff16.

Make sure you have the stand on the system and don’t have any background processes running while playing that game.

How is FF16?

I just Googled PS5 overheating since I’ve never had it happen and it was all posts about FF16 :harold:

1 Like

Once I put the stand on and stopped running a data transfer in the background I got through 30 minutes of the game before going to sleep.

Way too early to tell anything as the beginning is all story, but reviews suggest it is a great game.

1 Like
1 Like

Someone mentioned today that if PSN goes belly up or disappears for any reason, physical copies of the PS4 game would no longer play? , something to do with the CMOS batt that needs to be updated through the PSN in order to work. I did some brief googling and I got something saying that it has been fixed while another source saying it still wouldn’t make a difference. My humblest apologies if the answer was always well known.

1 Like

Picked up Diablo 4 because I don’t have time to get into anything more cerebral.

It’s fine. Fun. Season 1 starts next week but I still won’t be able to go as hard as I did for Diablo 3

BG3 thoughts?

My thoughts are: I’ll buy it when it officially launches and I can play it all the way through to the end. My days of free beta testing are over.

2 Likes

oh yeah me too, absolutely not buying early access for anything and never have. Trying to decide whether or not to pick up on launch though. Guess I’ll just wait for reviews but VG reviews have been… strange lately, since CP2077 at least.

I’m sure after DOS 1 & 2 they know what they’re doing though and will be worthwhile to get at launch.

Yeah I have loved their Divinity games, so I have high hopes

Already bought JA3 on discount. Cant wait for tomorrow. Time to save some people while becoming an unstoppable Terminator again. The merc test was always the best. Becoming an unhinged maniac before you settled for becoming a stealthy nightfighter in later runs.

Bought Railway Empire 2 at full price few weeks ago and BG3 is around the corner. Cant remember when I will have bought 3 games when they came out in such short time span. In recent years it was mostly playing WOW or WOT.

1 Like

Beat Midnight Suns and meh. It’s a good case of missed opportunities and a game that almost pulled it off but didn’t quite do it. The characters were interesting but didn’t quite stand out. The interactions were good, but not quite great. There were plenty of winks and nods and little easter eggs that made the game feel alive

What killed the game the most was the battling. X COM mixed with deck building sounds interesting in theory. In practice the movement part didn’t matter too much. I rarely moved my characters. The environmental attacks were helpful but didn’t play too much of a role. With deck building games you tailor your decks to achieve specific purposes and create synergies, but here you were only allowed a total of 8 (10?) cards and there were no synergies between cards. The game ground to a halt as you try and redraw to get some specific cards and with a limitation of three plays you never get the high of pulling off a great synergy play like you would in Slay the Spire.

The storyline was ok, but again nothing amazing.

The only highlights were Nico Minoru as a character. She felt fully alive and fun to interact with and her playstyle and graphics for her attacks were great

I wouldn’t recommend it in general and I wouldn’t even recommend it to someone who was into Marvel.

1 Like

I was making a Baldur’s Gate “Go for the eyes, Boo!” joke to a buddy, and did a google image search hoping to maybe find a GIF.

I knew that Magic the Gathering had done a bunch of agreements with other fantasy properties. I didn’t realize they had Baldur’s Gate cards. I still have all my cards but haven’t bought anything new in two decades. These might get me:

That card is actually completely cracked in Magic. Like it sees play in the formats with all the old busted cards.

Also be aware you have to buy the token separately and there’s like a bajillion arts and full art variants these days

1 Like

Yeah it’s literally one of the strongest cards in the vintage cube ie the version with black lotus and all the moxes etc.

Dang, its been a while since I Magicked, but if card draw is as powerful in Magic as it is in Hearthstone thats a damn impressive card.

Sure but what kind of monster could bring themselves to sacrifice Boo?

I am vaguely aware of Commander decks, I might buy the cards. My 12 year old wants to learn how to play, apparently there’s a club at her middle school.