Video Games

Absolutely insane mario maker race. Panga, Kirbs, and Shojou making reads that seem impossible fof blind levels.

2 Likes

Anyone playing Diablo IV?

Canā€™t be bothered to chase reviews on it. Will wait for positive reports from you guys before I look into it.

Played about 90 minutes. The skills feel like D2

Game feels more like grim dawn than D3

If you are a Diablo fan Iā€™d get it. Canā€™t really give a review after such a short time played

Me and my friend have been into Diablo since 1. I bought it the moment it dropped yesterday. After an hour I enjoy it. It seems to be good, a little heavier than 3. Friend has put a lot more hours in the series than me, (multiple D3 seasons, lvl99 multiple times in D2.) Was unsure about D4 but bought it last night. Been playing every chance he could since.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s just my old brain, but I canā€™t really discern whatā€™s happening with a lot of the Diablo 4 action, just seems like a blob of colors colliding with another blob (this goes for both playing and watching on twitch). I was also hoping the weapons and overall upgrade system would be improved upon from d3 and it really wasnā€™t. New weapons and armor never really feel special, you just find better than what you have after another 5 min of play. Still, itā€™s a major Blizzard release, has a great world and story, the worst grade you can give the game is an A-. Iā€™ll certainly finish out the campaign with at least one class so easily getting my moneyā€™s worth.

1 Like

If you like Diablo-style AARPGs itā€™s obv a must play. I do, and I think this is a masterpiece. Only touching the post-campaign early endgame so I canā€™t say how engaging the gameplay loop will be but you can wander around a ginormous world and push buttons to slay demons that drop legendaries, so yah, fun imo.

1 Like

Mindlessly clicking fun at its best.

I probably put 2-3k hours into D2

Loved running keys with my lightning sorc

Actually bought an enigma for $5 real dollars back in 04 or 05

Put it on my army necro. Was amazing to just teleport on top of bad guy and they disappear. Good times.

I want to but Iā€™ll leave almost all my hours in this series at D1/D2. I really really shouldnā€™t throw in a ton of hours into a game right now and I know I would if I got it.

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1666885278714458112

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/voretecks/status/1668403304768974849?t=WlFLQAxzFvH-sxEOOK7eQg&s=19

2 Likes

TOTK update: Iā€™ve activated all lightroots and completed all 152 shrines. I like how the depths exploration can help with finding shrines. I had already found the vast majority of them before I started doing the depths more systematically, but doing that helped me find a few that would have been really hard otherwise.

In BOTW, I gave in and checked a guide after many many hours of play didnā€™t turn up the last couple shrines. I donā€™t think they were even detectable by sensor.

Somehow I still have 12 wells left, so that might be the PITA this game. (Iā€™m not even going to try for all Koroks.)

Anyway, game continues to be fun. There was even a cool new side quest when I returned to Temple of Time later in the game.

I am addicted to Dwarf Fortress. Been playing it every spare moment. Rimworld has some aspects of it that are better/more interesting like having to maintain temperature, the experience tree, and bionics, but the randomness and arbitrary nature of the enemy waves was irritating.

The worldbuilding in DF is way better though

Itā€™s not a super amazing triple A game but not bad for a game made by two guys over twenty years.

1 Like

For the old-school XCOM fans:

2 Likes

New X-Com style game coming out this year - The Lamplighterā€™s League.

ā€œThe Lamplighters League, an original pulp adventure set in an alternate 1930s that mixes real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and managing a growing team of misfits. The Lamplighters League will launch for PC and Xbox Series X and S consoles in 2023.ā€

1 Like

Saw this on game pass, looks cool

I played a little bit of Xenonauts 1 a while back but only just a little. Thought it did the best job Iā€™ve ever seen of capturing the original, Iā€™m very hyped to see how Xenonauts 2 turns out.

It basically looks like xcom:Ufo Defense remastered. To the point I was wondering if the originsl creators have a lawsuit on their hands.

Finally beat Tears of the Kingdom. Did most of the non-tedious stuff, but not all. Probably ran 100-150 hours to finish. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll go back and try to 100% or anything.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the whole point! One of my favorite games, never could get into the newer version. They could probably get sued but whereā€™s the fun in that.

Got a PS5 yesterday, tried to transfer my data over from the PS4ā€¦donā€™t if you do end up getting one.
Just transfer over the basic data and saved game stuff and redownload everything else. Somehow I had 400gb of other data I couldnā€™t delete and had to factory reset my system.

Also, the new PS5 overheated twice and shut down within 5 minutes of playing ff16.

Make sure you have the stand on the system and donā€™t have any background processes running while playing that game.