Video Games

Didn’t realize the new Horizon Zero Dawn game was out, might have to break out the Playstation for that.

1 Like

I saw the new Horizon getting good reviews and went to order it for PS4 (haven’t bothered with the hoops to buy a PS5 yet) and it said it was sold out, now says it’ll show up in about a week. I bought the first one new for like $15 and was all set to hate on it because I thought fighting machines would be stupid but it was one of my favorite PS4 games.

3 Likes

I need to get an external HD for my PS4 slim to store more games on it, the storage it came with is pretty weak

Played it on pc when it came out and thought it was good :man_shrugging:

It’s one of my favorite games of all time. I loved the story/premise and the game play was real fun.

1 Like

156 posts were split to a new topic: Elden Ring Friendship Circle

Also bought forbidden west day 1. So far so good.

2 Likes

Holy smokes

https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/1494873397938900992?s=20&t=uDAEQmGZ33XMeYyuhjOqrg

And giving Ashley Burch her well deserved VA props.

Is starfield expected to be the game of the decade or is there anything that shows it could be a disaster?

I would not bet on Bethesda, whose last good game was in 2011 being a slam dunk GOTY.

I say this as someone who loved FO3.

BOTW2 is a lock to be great. A Bethesda title? Fo76 happened.

1 Like

Welp, looks like I’ve got something new to covet.

1 Like

Are we expecting BOTW2 this year?

Disappointed with the CK3 Royal Court expansion. The game very badly needs flavor packs for non-Viking rulers. Would love to see them put out a DLC focusing on the Middle East or the Great Steppes.

I’m in the same place actually but bailed. I played HZD for ~10 hours after the PS5 patch and I was just so bored and its partly because of the really tedious combat, then I just downloaded it again this weekend and yeah no change here no regrets. For whatever reason I can’t get into this style of AAA games at all. Even god of war 2016 was a struggle and that’s a much better game.

If you’re describing the fight in the Cauldron, that was the most difficult fight in the entire game for me. Been a few years since I played it so I don’t remember how I eventually beat it but I remember fighting it over and over again like a Dark Souls boss and not really having that problem again with any other machine. I’d just try to figure out a way to power through it because the rest of the game is worth it. I spent most of combat using standard arrows and just blasting parts off of machines to cripple them iirc.

Super hyped for HZW and Elden Ring but would love to slog through some of my backlog before getting them. I also have Cyberpunk that I got for $10 before I realized the PS5 upgrade wasn’t ready yet, but not sure when I’ll be up for playing that.

1 Like

There are different types of bows with different types of arrows. You’ll start figuring out which arrows are better against which types of enemies and parts. I never had an issue killing or knocking off parts with hardened arrows mostly after equipping modifiers. I love the combat in the game, hopefully my comment helps and it clicks soon.

Traps and taking over enemies were also extremely helpful for me.

3 Likes

Yup. Corrupted Fire Bellowback is pretty far into the game ifirc. You might be undergeared, making your issue worse. I think you unlock the bow for it after daytower (i.e. the initial area). Merchants should have it.

Double and triple notching + zoom/slowdown skills really help too

1 Like

The tear arrows are the ones that make a shockwave kind of explosion and knock parts off the enemies right? I found those really helpful but I can’t remember how I went about the combat exactly, been a year since I played the game

1 Like

Yeah I use those and the hard point arrows the most. The monsters with the mounted guns I’d shoot them off with those, grab the gun and nerf the monsters

2 Likes