Elden Ring Friendship Circle

Pretty cruel that the new Horizon and Elden Ring release a week apart, but I’m in baby

3 Likes

So Elden Ring is a Souls like game but in more of a traditional fantasy setting? I’ve never played Souls games but it sounds cool, may have to give it a shot.

John Carpenter being a gamer is unexpected but awesome

Been watching elden ring videos today to get ready a bit. The setting looks pretty similar to dark souls really - “gothic fantasy” yeah. And man does it look good. Hate to get to swept up in the hype but it really sounds like it could be one of the best games ever made.

2 Likes

I’m not the biggest Souls fan but I am super hyped for this game.

2 more days

3 Likes

Can’t wait! For those of you on Xbox that do not know - you can switch your location to New Zealand and play tomorrow.

wow at these reviews.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/szjqfq/elden_ring_review_thread/

Honestly there’s going to be thousands of moms who are like “oh this game is like breath of the wild lets buy it :) :) :)” and then demand to speak to fromsoft’s manager.

1 Like

I’m told that Elden Ring actually has coherent lore, seems like quite a departure for the franchise.

1 Like

Probably from the GRRM relationship?

Jfc my hype level tripled after seeing some reviews today.

1 Like

I didn’t really know I should be hyped, but I guess I kinda am. Good thing I’m just about done with this season of Path of Exile.

If I hate soulslikes, Im not going to like Elden Ring, right?

Exact same here. My Vaal Lightning Strike raider just beat maven. I’ll put it in pause for a while. Elden Ring looks phenomenal.

1 Like

What are you guys starting with? I know it didn’t really matter much in previous souls games but Prisoner and Confessor and calling my name.

1 Like

Am I weird for loving DS and DS3 (obv 2 was fine but a cut below those two) but I didn’t really love Bloodborne that much?

I felt like Bloodborne was a fine add in the lineage of the Souls games, but I got to the parts with all the skulls as walls and just lost interest.

No you’ll hate it.

I’m starting confessor because uh done plenty of melee and magic builds in these games but never faith and you can heal your ghost summon thingies so uh that sounds cool?

Also the rumor is its garbage on PC unless you have a 3080 so I’d hold off if you don’t have a current gen console.

Yes you’re weird haha. Bloodborne is as good if not better than DS1 imo. Prob my favorite PS4 game if forced to pick.

Huh. I’m running an RTX 2060 and also have an Xbox One S. Guess I’d have to upgrade to get in on the action?

yeah all reports (and I’ve read/watched a bunch today because I have no life) indicate you won’t have a great time on either of those. Depends on your appetite for ~30fps gaming. I don’ t have any in 2022 personally.

Wife is now super excited for elden ring

3 Likes