UP's Blind Spot for Sexism and Misogyny

How much time have you spent in places where poor people live in non-apartment housing?

As much as you would guess (i.e., nearly zero).

I’d put clothesline usage at 90%+ from what I’ve seen in Australia (among people with houses)

What posts of yours do you think were borderline?

Also. Better than 2 plus 2 is not the level of the bar.

1 Like

Redacted for privacy.

Topic 2205, post 150

ETA: Full credit to AC/DC for some amazing lyrical gangsterism.

I don’t think you being the creepy upstairs neighbor old guy staring at their underwear on the clothesline and getting aroused by it makes you any less creepy than living in the same house. If anything I’d say more creepy but less threatening.

Yup I even tried to give an example of how a man might comment on attractive women being around (hopefully) without making women uncomfortable or being a pervert. Of course, it required respecting women and valuing them for more than their bodies and undergarments so I can see why @MikeLikesOrgies might struggle with that.

it’s a song lyric. meh.

As for @MikeLikesOrgies, I said at the start of this thread, dealing with shit like this takes considerable mental energy when I’d rather be playing a video game or watching Hamilton for the 4th time. If Mike isn’t listening to guys on here, he sure as hell isn’t going to listen to the feedback of an actual, RL woman (though not one nearly young enough for his preferred fantasy).

Those girls think you’re skeevy, dude. Doubly so if they found out you were perving on their lingerie on the clothesline. It’s just creepy.

Maybe you could try, you know, talking to them. Of course, that would mean you’d actually get to know them as people and it would make it a lot harder to objectify them, amirite? See, once you actually get to know them, you might actually see that ogling them or their underwear is kind of weird and gross.

9 Likes

Does it offend you when other people use their free speech?

You are a clown. You literally add to your fantasy w every post u make. U are sexy shaming. U immediately look away when u see a girls thong hanging from a line?

I couldn’t have done too bad, I married one of their best friends . Your speculation is nauseating.

My read: Cuse is awkward around women. He has zero confidence. He thinks crusading on a forum on their behalf, fighting the good fight , will find him a mate. When there is little or nothing to crusade about he picks a battle. When the battle ends in an apology, he climbs down off his high horse, He then gets bored and lonely again. No female has reached out and thanked him for his war effort .

Weeks later he climbs back up on his high horse . Let’s attack a guy who misses the occasional glance at hotties bras and panties on a cloth line . Then let’s juice it up by making up fukkin clown “ reads” and hoping people think this is part of the story. I’m not the problem u don’t get laid.

2 Likes

Petition to rename the thread “Please Validate My Panty-Sniffing”

6 Likes

It obviously offends others when I use mine. No it doesn’t. I just get confused wen I specifically direct a ? to one person and somebody else feels like they are in his head and offers me his “ read “ lol for him.

Again, another disgusting, uninvited embellishment. I’m sorry for u.

I don’t see a problem with that one, unless there’s a part of the reference I’m not understanding. It being a line in a song also helps in my view.

Like I think if I posted “I like big butts and I cannot lie,” in response to something the reaction would be quite a bit different than if I said, “I love staring at girls with big asses.”

The first is a reference to a well known song lyric, which I’m guessing would be way less offensive than something I just blurted out on my own that objectified women. That said, the song obviously objectifies women too, so maybe the difference isn’t as significant as I think.

But step one is just putting some thought into it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with either gender appreciating the appearance and sexuality of the other gender (or the same one). The problem is doing it in ways that make people uncomfortable or in only valuing the objects of our romantic and sexual desires for their appearance and nothing more. That’s also pretty much a one way street, men don’t suffer from that fate.

2 Likes

Mike,

Do you say the same exact stuff around a group of guys as you would a mixed-gender group? Especially if you don’t know the people well?

I’m guessing you don’t.

Stop acting like UP is a locker room. I don’t give a fuck if you look at girl’s underwear on a clothesline. But posting locker room shit like that makes this a less welcoming place, reinforces other men thinking this is the culture here, and so on.

Someday you might get to where you change the stuff you say in just-guys “locker room” situations, too. My friends and I did. It was an adjustment but it can change the way you think about women. It changes your attitude and the culture of the people around you.

13 Likes

Woof woof woof! Rrr-woof!

No, I’m pretty sure if I was, Clovis would be yelling at me by now.

I don’t stop to rub one out, dude. Nor does it turn me on hanging on a clothesline. It’s a piece of clothing. If the woman I’m with puts it on when she’s going out with me, that’s hot, especially because she wanted to put that effort in at the beginning of the night, which indicates her desire.

Putting it on the clothesline just means she was doing laundry.

I do lack confidence around women the first couple of dates and have to fake it until I can tell they’re interested. So you got exactly one thing right in your read, good job!

I don’t even know if Mike realizes there are women posting in this thread tonight, based on his responses.

1 Like

And if he does, I guess that answers T50’s question. Of course, what Mike doesn’t realize is when he’s in a mixed gender group talking like this, all the women are cringing and hoping he just goes away.

I notice he hasn’t answered my post yet, though, so maybe you’re right.

7 Likes

I understood the problem w the swamp donkey comment. I saw cuse POV and apologized. I assumed it was the end of it as most adults move on.

As far as missing an atmosphere where bras and panties hang on clothesline, could u and only u , please explain how this is “ pervy “. I even mentioned this comment to my life partner and she told me there’s always next summer so, yes I do talk like this in front of females and I’m generally applauded for my candor and bluntness . They thank me for not being fake.
I’m asking u to dissect my comment because u seem level headed. Cuse , Rudbgy etc have both attached ridiculous, disgusting additions to my original post drinking w buddies looking down on them and other speculative , immature garbage but they get passes?