UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

Here, and 2+2, are the only sites I’ve participated at.

But again, this thread doesn’t have anything directly to do with this or that policy. That’s not what the word ‘democracy’ means. This is all meta to that. Democracy is a characteristic of certain policy making processes. These can range anywhere from representational democracy to consensus processes. Both democratic processes, and non-democratic processes, can generate ‘good’ or ‘bad’ policies.

Wow! Just 2+2 and this place! Welcome to the internet!

So none then, despite me asking 4 times, you have no examples of successful discussion forums that behave in a “democracy” way.

Why do you think that is?

Also: what’s your full name, and where do you live?

1 Like

But I enjoy watching some of the usual suspects flail around

1 Like

I already told you why that is, I’ve only chatted at 2+2 and here. But, as I mentioned, plenty of membership organizations have chat sites. Prolly 100s of 1000s. I’m sure if I went out exploring those sites, I’d find plenty that I find enjoyable.

But again, I’m not sure why you keep asking me about my personal experience with differing mod policies happen to be, when I’ve already explained, that that is off-topic to this thread.

Oh weird, we have another miscommunication here! I’m not asking you about your personal experience at all! So strange we keep crossing our lines!

Since its your 2nd day on the internet, you should very easily be able to find 1 or 2 examples of the “100s of 1000s” of internet message boards who’s rules you would love to see this site emulate. We could even copy their rules, or learn from them! And also, if you could point to 1 or 2 of those places, you would probably get a lot of votes to your side if you used it as examples! Win win as we say!

1 Like

So, you are going to personally leave the dark side and become pro-democracy if I can find one such website that doesn’t suck?

1 Like

MrWookie is so close but is yet again reminding us that he was absent the day they taught analogies at Science School.

I might’ve read the wrong books but I don’t remember Hitler saying that Jewish people et al were nice people just being who they are yet they had to be exterminated because he was a Bad Man and thus he had to do bad man things.

Maybe it was Dick And Jane And The Holocaust that I missed.

“See bad man bang podium. Bang bad man bang.” Etc.

No, not really. I’m just fucking with you, because watching you try to squirm, handwave, and deflect away from the “question” I’ve asked 5 times now has been a little fun.

The people who would give you a thoughtful and respectful answer, you have on ignore, so, maybe sit this one out and let the grown-ups handle it.

1 Like

Imagine a grown up typing this up and sending it to another grown up

1 Like

Oh snap, did I step in it with another notorious grunch? We will find out!

Just for you and your friends I’ll hit the view hidden button every time it pops up here ITT and respond accordingly if I should. Just like I did just now. So go nuts, answer the question with links.

Also, what’s your full name, state if you’re in the US, and email address? Mine was exposed here by you and your friends a couple days ago, and while the dude was banned for a week or something I’m still a bit salty about it. @sabo @MaxCut @Thickcut @Churchill @cassette @AngryQueer @Jalfrezi @NoMatterWho @realDonaldTrump

1 Like

yodawg

See how you are.

Anyway, how about The Columbia River Pickleball Club? They are a tax-deductible 501(c)(3) non-profit. Which are democratically organized membership organizations. For their forum/chat purposes, they use facebook groups.

They seem to have a perfectly wonderful chat ongoing regarding pickleball… without making it seem like a discussion of Over-the-Line team names, about pickles and balls and such. Bottom line…

It’s a perfectly fine chat site… run by a democratically organized group.

Again, I can only ask. I’m not asking for any posts to be moved or anything like that. But… is there any chance that this constant bickering and belly-aching can be continued in the appropriate threads going forward?

2 Likes

Oh gosh… constant bickering… and belly-aching… in this very serious, good faith thread! Can’t we be… above this?

Unfortunately… I don’t have a facebook account, a site notorious… for very, very… heavily handed moderation, to confirm or deny whether or not your pickleball forum link really fits the definition established… in the OP. Maybe someone else will! If we’re… lucky.

This is the part where you all’s lies almost stop being funny.

He said “facebook GROUP”.

Are you positive you want to have a big boy discussion? You could just go back to the ignore function.

1 Like