Ukraine LC Debates, Arguments and Terrible Memes

I just misread your post. I’m sorry.

Last I will speak on it as I’m not comfortable in these conversations about others that aren’t here to speak for themselves.

Mods please excise this content when you have time. @Tilted

She didn’t support the invasion, but she tried to both sides various issues and couldn’t plainly see the Russian imperialism at work.

This convo is getting muddled fast. That particular post had nothing to do with zara. It was referring to the Russian expats living in Spain who beat the shit out of a Ukranian dude.

She can create a new account if she wants to speak for herself.

Kazakh. in russian «казак» is the word for cossacks, who are all over ukraine and kuban’ area, so a lot of them are ukrainian.

the word is actually in the ukrainian anthem.

I want to make a point here.

Even while they are being subjected to genocide, the Ukrainians are treating Russian POWs much better than they deserve to be treated. They put them in standard jails, etc. In line with Geneva conventions.

The Russians, of course, are doing no such thing.

Anyway, just a small point, but I think a few people here could do with thinking “whom would I’d rather emulate?”

i can only dream of a troll that could be considered a war crime :slight_smile:

POWs deserve to be treated worse than the Geneva conventions say?

Given the violations of the Geneva conventions by the Russian military and the atrocities they have committed in this war, I am sympathetic to a point of view that they don’t deserve to be treated in line with the Geneva conventions, although I think that a decent country should and would still treat them in line with the Geneva conventions.

I’m just really trying to understand why people have chosen this war and only this war to want to hold soldiers accountable, without trial, for the actions of their nation’s leaders and the worst of their peers

Tons of people are thinking/feeling like D2 and I would like to understand why now

2 Likes

Maybe this is nitty, but d2 didn’t say that we should hold soldiers accountable without trial for the acts of their leaders/peers or even themselves, he just said they don’t deserve to be treated as well as they’re being treated.

That could be nitpicky, but it seems like an important distinction.

Well the same thing applies. Who was saying US soldiers deserved torture in Vietnam, for example?

I’m sure someone in the world was saying it. I don’t think anyone here would fault Vietnamese civilians who were intentionally harmed or who had loved ones intentionally harmed from saying it, for example.

I just want to see Putin humiliated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1509554416386547713

Ukrainians want Russians to surrender en masse. So it behooves them to treat POWs very well.

Yeah, that’s important.

focused on the important stuff as always

I don’t lie to myself about what I want.

2 Likes

12 Likes