Turbo Walrus: TV theme edition - Reveal!

We are going to run into our first duplicate submission here, so 8th place and 1 point will go to nobody.

In 7th place - with 2 points

I really hate to do this, but as a song this just isn’t there. There are about 15 seconds at the end that qualify, and even that isn’t spectacular. Its a shame, because of the shows that are going to be revealed for this decade, this is by far my favorite.

In 6th place - scoring 3

I wont say I didn’t like this, I just wasn’t feeling it. Mid 70’s buttrock over the end credits of a pretty great show, but the song itself just isnt any good to me.

1 Like

In 5th place - Scoring 4

Of the popular 70’s themes, this is probably one of my least favorite. I get why its a classic, but I really dislike the sound.

2 Likes

And thus the answer to @Yuv 's earlier question. Oh well, at least I got more points than the last category.

What was Yuv’s earlier question?

whether we could submit end themes. Which I liked better than the beginning theme for that show.

Soft rock isn’t my jam, and 70s TV was full of it

I do too. The beginning theme would have scored lower.

1 Like

Yeah, growing up in Cincinnati meant this show was always on, it seemed like…and the end title was more memorable to me.

Yup. Knew I’d bomb with the 70s.

Too much FPS for me

In 4th place - Scoring 5.

I’m sorry, whats happening?

Why is that hat growing for no reason? Why is Charles Nelson Riley some kind of magician/gremlin hybrid.

Wait, is a song playing? How do you expect me to listen to a song at this moment?

Oh my god, after he falls into the hat… just…

And then the song…

Just take your 5 points and go.

Holy shit.

3 Likes

That’s sabo level @-ing. I might open a thread.

1 Like

oh god no

(would have been better if you @-ed Sabo though)

or maybe not

Alright, now that we have survived that mindfuck…

IN third place - both scoring 6 points

This is our duplicate entry this round. Great, classic song obviously, and one that is awesome to play whether you are watching the show or not.

3 Likes

In second place - Scoring 7

Hell yeah, thats what I’m talking about. I have a feeling this is what the 6 Million Dollar Man theme wanted to be. It gets you hype to get into some Professionals action. Reminds me a lot of the A-Team, which would have been another great submission for this category. Excellent submission.

4 Likes

I mean, there were a lot of interesting drugs in the 70s…

was this supposed to be a kids’ show?

It seems like it. I haven’t done a ton of research, but having a dude who could totally be mistaken for a pedophile as your main villain is a weird choice for a kids show.

3rd aint nothing to sneeze at, and tell me you aren’t tappin your ass along to that Professionals song.

1 Like

The Mrs would have put that at number 1 fwiw.

But actually in first place, scoring 8 -

Yes, this is better than The Jeffersons, no don’t @ me. Thats all I got to say. This is the quintessential 70s theme outside of Happy Days in my eyes.

4 Likes

I’ve already bribed the cops, so no use reporting robbery at this point.

Tomorrow, we conclude, with the 2000s, the 90s, and the 80s to cap it all off.

1 Like

It’s a Sid and Marty Krofft show. I don’t think it’s the weirdest concept for a Krofft show because they co-created an ‘80s live-action Saturday morning kids show called Pryor’s Place (with theme song by Ray Parker Jr.). The Pryor in Pryor’s Place was Richard Pryor. Yes, they decided Richard Pryor was the right person to build a kids’ show around.

2 Likes