Turbo Walrus: TV theme edition - Reveal!

Univision

Was watching telenovelas when learning Spanish 6 years ago. This one came straight to mind.

3 Likes

That is a great idea. They tend to overdramatise their speaking so its probably easier to follow along for someone who is learning than being thrown into a convo between two native speakers.

Alright, the person in number 2 is allowed to feel rightly ripped off, as I just made a change to the top two before revealing.

In 2nd place, scoring 7

What is Humans? What is Momoco? What is happening in these credits? Should I even care?

Nope, this theme is dope, and reminds me a lot of the Halt and Catch Fire theme I posted earlier.

Maybe Humans sucks, maybe it doesnā€™t, but its got a strong theme deserving of second. (and probably first to be honest, but thems the breaks)

2 Likes

Oh shit, well there we go, even trade, Ill watch Succession and you watch Billions. Billions is fantastic, and is actually ENHANCED by its cheesy dialogue and overacting.

1 Like

Before I reveal number 1, I gotta say my biggest surprise of the submissions is that nobody put forth Game of Thrones for the 2010s. If there is an iconic theme from the decade, it is that one by far. It would have placed well, but probably not above the winner.

because we were all trying to avoid the overlap and be hipster at the same time ldo

Thought the mission was to try and find more obscure theme songs. That going with the ones that everybody knows is a guarantee for last place.

In 1st place- Scoring 8

I mean, there isnā€™t a theme in my mind that is more 2010ā€™s in its approach and execution. Taking the idea of the autotune news stories and making a killer theme out of it is FANTASTIC and should be applauded. Not much more to say than that. The theme is super creative and a ton of fun to listen to.

3 Likes

OMFG I was going to pick that one but went with the show I liked better. ARGH

Lewis or Giamatti?

If it is Lewis, all the more reason to watch.

ZOMG MY FIRST EVER WALRUS FIRST

3 Likes

I donā€™t think they ever used more than that snippet.

A lot of modern TV shows have eschewed full theme songs and opening credits. Many now begin with a cold open, a musical bumper, and then the credits show over the next scene.

People who watch the show might be surprised to find out it is part of an actual song.

1 Like

Who says the funā€™s gotta stop at 1. Anyone want another category?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take my 6 points and be okay with it

Gratz!

Also, excellent gif usage.

1 Like

Turbo it is, lets head off to my second least favorite bunch and piss everybody off.

This is the 70s

Looks like @LouisCyphre s reveal will begin in 30 minutes, so we will get this category done and then stop for the night.

Alright, 1970s, what would I have submitted?

Of the non-submitted songs, this has always been the standout to me

butā€¦thatā€™s a 50ā€™s style songā€¦oh man Iā€™m fucked.