Trump Pardons Prediction & Sweat Thread

We might here some desperate threats in these final few days.

What if he pardons everybody. EVERYBODY. The resulting chaos keeps justice from ever catching up with him.

Can Trump, in theory, just do a boilerplate pardon and include a list of recipients? So it could potentially cover hundreds of people?

My prediction is that we won’t actually see too many more pardons, though. I sort of imagine most people who are going to be pardoned already have been.

1 Like

How does this get-out-of-jail-free card fantasy shit square with not having kings? Don’t you pay $100k for the privilege of listening to some law professor asshole bang the table yelling FRAMER’S INTENT and “No one is above the law!!1!”?

I had the same random thought. His final FU to America. Start of the purge.

Supposed to be a check on the judicial branch.

Shouldn’t be allowed during lame duck period tho.

David Lane
Derek Chauvin

1 Like

Also:

Other commentators have echoed the principle. Benjamin Franklin stated it as: “it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer”.

So it goes along with the spirit of that more so than anything.

omg

I feel bad that I really want to see Trump pardon Joe Exotic

I hope he burns a lot of effort pardoning people that face serious state charges.

If he blanket pardoned a laundry list of murderous white supremacists my surprise level would be zero and the Responsible Adults in the Room™ would gasp and recoil in horror but eventually collect themselves and tell us that, hey, laws are laws and change comes through following the processes and rules to a T.

Has he pardoned anyone since being kicked off social media? He does it for the attention, so unless he holds a press conference I don’t think he’ll pardon too many more. He only has 72 hrs left. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if he does it at 11 AM on the 20th to draw attention away from Biden.

MAGA Habes is reporting he plans to release all of them Wednesday morning. Every indication is they’re legitimately available for purchase between now and then.

There aren’t that many that would tilt me heavily but the Silk Road guy and Derek Chauvin would rustle my jimmies good.

1 Like

Chauvin is state charges ?

Mass pardoning the insurrectionists would suck.

George Washington

Ron Jeremy

1 Like

Could he pardon the NRA?

More disturbingly: Could he pardon in advance anyone who kills certain persons?

Anyone from the Biggest Living Asshole draft is game for a pardon. Hell, probably anyone from the dead one too.

Player Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
superbooger Donald Trump Jair Bolsonaro Kim Jong-un Xi Jinping Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
chuckles Mitch McConnell Newt Gingrich Bashar al-Assad Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo Joe Lieberman
Matt Sean Hannity Marsha Blackburn Rodrigo Duterte Tucker Carlson @Inso0
zikzak Richard Sackler Mohammed bin Salman Pat Robertson Undrafted Tom Brady
hokie Steve Bannon Aung San Suu Kyi Jeff Bezos Brett Kavanaugh Laura Ingraham
NotBruceZ Ronald Ernest Paul Benjamin Netanyahu Vince McMahon Grover Norquist Sam Harris
LFS Dick Cheney Rush Limbaugh Omar al-Bashir Ann Coulter Sheldon Adelson
TimBuktuuf Goatse Sepp Blatter Isaiah Gregg Mike Bloomberg Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
TrueNorth32 Rupert Murdoch Charles Koch Stephen Miller Harvey Weinstein Mason Malmuth
Riverman Henry Kissinger Vladimir Putin Clarence Thomas Bill Cosby Alex Jones
1 Like

LOL I forgot inso0 was on there. Very well, fair game for him to get a pardon too.

1 Like