Travel Photo of the Day

I thought it was gonna be bumping when it opened, but it was pretty lame. They didn’t really advertise the opening for some reason and the first weekend only had two 2/5 games going and no 5/10. There weren’t many new players, mostly just stretching the Jacksonville games thinner. So pretty disappointing.

Sounds about right. I was pretty surprised they wanted to open one there, tbh.

1 Like

I mean there’s lots of money in the area that is probably too lazy to drive up to Jax on the regular. I’m guessing they don’t really care too much what happens with the poker, they’re trying to make it on the table games.

They did had four 2/5 tables this weekend though, so getting better. Once they start running good promos and actually advertise it might be a decent room.

Is this view directly below the Space Needle?

1 Like

Nice spot to sleep, Rakaposhi base camp

5 Likes

I thought it was CN Tower. The Space Needle doesn’t have a glass floor IIRC.

it is. i’m looking back at the pavilion from the previous shot

1 Like

space needle was renovated in 2017. our glass floors spin now. wookie loses eleventy internet point.

1 Like

a popular motiff

Golden Temple, Amritsar, India

4 Likes

How was this?

Amritsar has been one of my weird “I’d really like to go here sometime, but can’t really explain why” places for a long time.

Very cool experience. I love religious sites in India, they’re a real trip. At the Golden Temple it was totally worth it to get up at 5am to catch the sunrise and the morning prayer. There’s just so many people and when the prayers get played over the loudspeakers you can just feel the religious energy, it’s a bit surreal. It’s also neat to join in at the langar, the community kitchen where they serve meals for everyone 24/7, doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, everyone is served by a massive crew of volunteer workers. Of course being a rare white guy there you get chatted up a lot and asked for selfies a bunch, which gets kind of annoying, but it’s par for the course in India. But overall it was great, albeit 115f during the afternoon, so early mornings and evenings were preferable!

1 Like

Lotte World Tower (555m) in Seoul has the glass floors up on the observation floor, somewhere around floor 120. I was surprised how many people up there wouldn’t walk on them. My dull pictures from 2019

3 Likes

Vertigo is a bitch

r/evil architecture

4 Likes

Is that a mosque? Where is it?

Yup it’s the national mosque of Pakistan, in Islamabad

Dhankar Monastery, India

5 Likes

In Bologna, about to pick up some power converters.

8 Likes