Travel Photo of the Day

3 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

Some trekking in Ladakh, the Markha Valley

12 Likes

God damn thing just goes from lush green meadow to straight up killer ice wall, Fairy Meadow Pakistan

11 Likes

Key Monastery, Spiti Valley

8 Likes

random photo from a small town festival, Spiti Valley, India

8 Likes

Marbella, Spain.

6 Likes

Keep ‘em coming!

Husseini Bridge, Passu Pakistan

11 Likes

some pretty big gaps between planks

3 Likes

So I went to Playa Gigante, Nicaragua for a week long surf/yoga trip. I flew into Liberia, Costa Rica and had transportation take from there to Nicaragua. Had to walk across the border, the line of semi-trucks waiting to cross into Nicaragua was impressive. It’s was about 3km long. My shuttle driver told me it would take about 5 days for the guys at the end to make it through. I didn’t get any photos, but the line of trucks was interesting. It was basically a community unto itself.

It was about an hour and a half drive to the border, took us about a half hour to get through and loaded up into our next shuttle, then it took another hour and a half or so to get to our hotel, Room to Roam:

It was a nice place, with a pool, bar/restaurant, and decent rooms with a/c.

The town of Playa Gigante was a decent village that basically hugs the beach, which was a picturesque cove with a small vegetated hill/mountain “Giant’s Foot” on one end and a nice rock outcropping at the other:

I hiked to the top of Giant’s Foot one afternoon, it provided some nice views.

9 Likes

Fuengirola, Spain

8 Likes

The wind was blowing super hard when we crossed it, definitely more scary than I thought it would be! The craziest part was parents taking their little kids out there 20 feet on those slats to take photos :0

Looks great! Was it a specific surf/yoga camp or did you just do that on your own? How was the crowd at your hotel? Was it busy??

Textile market in Lahore’s old city

9 Likes

It was a specific group. A friend of mine who is a surf instructor back home organized it with the folks that owned the place where we stayed, Room To Roam.

The accommodations were great, not too crowded. There were 10 in our group, total, and besides us, there were a few groups of people that came through over the course of the trip. I didn’t take many photos inside, unfortunately, but there was a nice little restaurant and bar as well as a pool and yoga area. Someone in our group did get a great photo of me doing a belly flop:

4 Likes

To get to most of the surf breaks we had to take penga boats. You have to push the boats down to the water on rolling logs, then you hop in fire up the motor and book it out to the open seas before a swell comes in. It was a pretty fun experience:

2 Likes