Travel Photo of the Day

Ohh damn! I thought it was ok except for very top

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t find some of the worst ones. There’s a guy who makes incredible dramatic shots where he often puts himself standing on top of a peak in the mid-ground. I forget his name. But he really overdoes it, it feels like looking through murky water or something.

This is from supposedly the highest bar in the world in Shanghai.

3 Likes

Haggis in Edinburgh w/ Scottish whiskey @ Howie’s on Victoria Street

2 Likes

Did it taste good? Never had it.

It was pretty good - I tend to be squeamish about different types of food that use non-traditional parts than Americans traditionally use, so I had to kind of try my best to ignore that impulse making it hard to really enjoy it lol.

everyone has got food pics, but how many have pics of food they grew?

and also this one that i found while looking for food pics.

3 Likes

Lots of fresh tortillas, Guatemala

3 Likes

Local restaurant in Zambia. Nshima - the cornmeal ball is the staple food and eaten with pretty much every meal.

4 Likes

Currently in Oregon for work. I’ve fallen in love with the PNW.

15 Likes

Any opinions on the Sony A6000? Looking to grab a camera for travel. I do not care about video and the $570 price tag seems like a good deal.

This is how it’s done in San Sebastian/Donostia. Every pintxos (tapas) bar is like this. You ask the bartender for a plate, take a couple, then pay (somehow the busy bartenders can keep track of what you took), and move on to the next bar.

4 Likes

if you are traveling somewhere during daffodil and tulip season, stop and take some pictures

2 Likes

Seems like good value to me! It’s a crop sensor FYI in case you wanted to blow up some photos and frame them, then it might not be the best choice, but other than that it seems like a pretty damn solid camera

1 Like

Cocora Valley, Colombia

3 Likes

I got the a6600 a few months ago, it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks guys - So hard to actually choose one. The Fuji X-T30 also seems really good.

Thing about cameras is they just don’t matter that much these days! Like there’s no way you’re gonna be able to differentiate the ins and outs of those cameras (unless you’re a pro) Get good at compositions and editing and that’s most of the battle!

8 Likes

The tulips are out

8 Likes