Travel Photo of the Day

I was headed down to Ecuador anyway, so it made sense for me. But yeah, it’s a helluva long way down from Bogota! The very south of Colombia wasn’t particularly exciting either.

1 Like

Interesting. They aren’t as obvious in the angle of that pic, so I’d missed them.

Some churches in Georgia

Gergeti Trinity Church, in the mountains north of Tbilisi

Holy Trinity Cathedral, downtown Tbilisi

For scale

6 Likes

Temple of Poseidon, Sounio, Greece

6 Likes

Leon Cathedral, Leon Nicaragua.

I think churches are just about through. If anyone has a new theme they want to do, please go ahead! Or I’ll pick one tomorrow.

2 Likes

I got one more in me.

Romanesque church in Atwerp not far from the main cathedral that I liked the look of.

2 Likes

The church in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, is nowhere near Mexico’s largest, but it’s one of Mexico’s most distinctive.

5 Likes

Got some photos from my wife from the Sedlec Ossuary, a Catholic chapel in the Czech Republic that’s full of bones from an estimated 60,000 people.

6 Likes

I’ve got a request for a topic - waterfalls

1 Like

I was told not to chase those.

1 Like

I’ll stick to rivers and lakes.

2 Likes

I know you’re gonna have it your way or nothing at all…

So waterfalls it is!

Rainy day at Huangguoshu Falls in Guizhou, China.

and you could walk behind it, but that was not very camera friendly

4 Likes

A place called Puente de Dios, Mexico. This looks like something you’d find near Cancun, but it’s actually in Queretaro state, hidden in a canyon deep in the mountains.

4 Likes

Might only be able to dig up one of these.

Rainbow Falls, Hilo, Hawaii

4 Likes

You have to do any sort of edit prior to uploading. I always just trim it slightly and it works.

Taquamenon Falls, upper peninsula Michigan.

4 Likes

Victoria Falls at high water, which actually makes it tough to get a clear shot on the Zambia side because there’s so much mist.

But if you’ve got a full moon it makes a lunar rainbow at night, which is pretty unique

8 Likes

Lunar rainbow… learn something new every day. Very cool.

3 Likes

Blue Nile Falls, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia

6 Likes

Iguazu Falls

Argentina side

Brazil side

7 Likes