Travel Photo of the Day

5 Likes

Honestly, I was trying to be a bit of a dick, but in a post-a-joke-to-make-myself-look-like-an-incompetent-dumbass way, not in a ruin the thread kind of way. I’m just too stupid to realize I came upon an actual decent photo, I was bewildered when people started liking it. So I got the incompetent dumbass part right.

you can’t even fail right man

I have a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Lol no worries, it was a pretty cool looking shitty lake!

This might be more of a pond…
Southern Kyrgyzstan with Mt. Lenin in the background

12 Likes

Like Bled, Slovenia

8 Likes

Lugu Lake, Yunnan, China

9 Likes

Alrighty, lakes are out, churches are in. Who’s got a photo of a church?

Here’s one somewhere in Vienna, no idea what it’s name is, but the sky was killer right after a big thunderstorm

3 Likes

I have soooo many from our last trip to southern europe

4 Likes

Nice, post all your favorites! If you can pick your favorites…

I mean, you asked for it

Outside of Sagrada Familia

Inside the Cathedral in Salamanca, Spain

Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Leon, Spain

Inside Notre Dame (these were all taken in 2012/2013 on an iphone 4)

Inside Marseille Cathedral

St. Mark’s, Venice

The Duomo at Night, Florence

Blurry inside the Sistine Chapel because we technically weren’t allowed to take pics but i snuck it in anyway

Outside St. Peter’s at night, Rome. That’s a “living Nativity” in the blue enclosure

Inside St. Peter’s

7 Likes

Good stuff! The lighting on the Santiago de Compostela pic is really nice! And yeah, shooting indoors or at night with camera phones back then used to be pretty brutal…

1 Like

Don’t have all my photos with me. Here’s one from the phone. Had an overnight layover at CDG coming home from a Europe trip and took the train in just to sit and have a drink in front of her in the evening.

3 Likes

La Sainte Chapelle, Paris. It and Sagrada Familia are 1a and 1b of my favorite buildings in the world, in some order.

4 Likes

You SOB, was about to post Sainte-Chapelle

It’s a bit unassuming from the outside but amazing in the upper chapel. Supposedly it houses the crown of thorns, which cost more to acquire than building the Church itself, but brought a ton of prestige to Paris.

I really wish we had had room to take my husband’s big camera/lenses. He’s a great photographer

I have so many from our 2019 trip to northern Europe. Posting to remind myself to find them tomorrow.

C’mon gotta make that sacrifice! What’s his gear set up?

pretty sure he’s still using his Canon 6D. Everyday lens is a 24-105mm, he also has a 17-40mm and a 100-400mm.

Here’s one of my favorites. That’s our 1931 Pierce Arrow in the pic, taken in Shamrock, TX. Not really a church, unless you count it as a shrine to the Mother Road.

4 Likes