Travel Photo of the Day

Oh, I have a Lake Bled pic, too! The weather wasn’t quite as good when we visited, nor are any of my shots from our boat ride all that great, but it’s a neat place.

2 Likes

The first couple of times I went to Paris I was overawed by its beauty. The third time I started to get the sensation of a slightly suffocating housing estate. I haven’t been back since.

Bath is similar in this respect.

This is annoying — all my pictures that were taken in portrait mode show up rotated 90 degrees and cut off at the bottom when I go to post them. Anyone know how to fix this?

Here are the only church pictures I’ve ever taken, in Reykjavik Iceland.

5 Likes

Wife has ~all of the good pictures from our vacations, but found these from Elmelunde Kirke on the island of Møn in Denmark. There are cool looking frescoes inside.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

The Stefl, Vienna, Austria.

3 Likes

Nice. That’s one of the ones I had that’s on its side.

Las Lajas Sanctuary, in Colombia near the border with Ecuador

7 Likes

“Wow, pretty scenery here. We should build a big ass church on top of that hill.”
“No.”
“At the bottom of the valley then?”
“Also no.”

6 Likes

In the alternate timeline where they said “yes” to this question.

Santa Maria de Montserrat

I was very impressed with the pipes. Reminded me of a customized big truck/motorcycle Mad Max style

5 Likes

Temppeliaukio Church (Church of the Rock) in Helsinki. This is definitely the most unique church I’ve ever seen, it was built in a rock formation in the middle of town.

4 Likes

Wow, don’t think I’ve ever seen horizontal pipe organ pipes. That’s something.

2 Likes

The organ I posted earlier has them too. I wonder if they are by the same organ maker.

Nice. I spent 2 months traveling through Colombia and debated going to that place b/c it looks so cool, but ultimately I decided that it was way too far out of the way (I went from Bogotá up to Tayrona).

I was headed down to Ecuador anyway, so it made sense for me. But yeah, it’s a helluva long way down from Bogota! The very south of Colombia wasn’t particularly exciting either.

1 Like

Interesting. They aren’t as obvious in the angle of that pic, so I’d missed them.

Some churches in Georgia

Gergeti Trinity Church, in the mountains north of Tbilisi

Holy Trinity Cathedral, downtown Tbilisi

For scale

6 Likes

Temple of Poseidon, Sounio, Greece

6 Likes

Leon Cathedral, Leon Nicaragua.

I think churches are just about through. If anyone has a new theme they want to do, please go ahead! Or I’ll pick one tomorrow.

2 Likes