Trans Youth

Most accounts of “transvestigation” that I’ve come across either portray the phenomenon as a “bizarre” conspiracy theory, or the inevitable byproduct of “transphobic brain rot” (i.e., individuals who’ve become so consumed with transphobia that they’ve lost their grip on reality), or some combination thereof. While all these things may certainly be true, this framing seems to imply that the rest of us see gender and trans people “normally” or “correctly.” And frankly, nothing could be further from the truth! In reality, as individuals, we often see and interpret gender in wildly different ways.

1 Like

9 Likes

I am hopeful that this is a positive thing:

4 Likes

Trailer looks good :heart:

4 Likes

Release date Sep 27.

Looks good.

1 Like

7 Likes

https://x.com/consequence/status/1834300193849676004

The person Steve-O spoke with said that “my feeling that it was the ultimate statement of body autonomy, me saying my body, my choice… That part was okay. But the part where I deliberately went out to trick people into thinking that I was a woman and then fooling them, and then kind of celebrating the idea of hate towards [trans people] — that was a thing.”

Additionally, the person Steve-O spoke with “described how they weren’t allowed to use the bathroom at their place of work, that there were like maybe 28 states in the country that would arrest them for having an ID that said female on it. That there were politicians making concerted efforts to lock them up in internment camps. It was really pretty heartbreaking, the level of oppression that was described.”

So, Steve-O says, “framed like that, I thought about it in a way that I hadn’t before, where you know, wow, maybe it’s not all fun and games. Especially the pranks. Like, I would’ve considered it to be better footage if I was to be beaten up at the motorcycle rally. And just having that mentality was very flawed, because ultimately it would be an exercise in celebrating violence against trans people. At least, it would be interpreted that way by some, and when it was put to me that way, I thought, wow, maybe I missed the mark on that one.”

5 Likes