TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

you can buy/sell in the marketplace whenever you want through the main site (well, when it’s up)

rayvin is a website/tool that gives you market alerts and a list of things that it considers valued/overvalued to buy/sell, with a buy button that takes you directly to the listing

the version of rayvin that gives you the full market analysis is 50 per month

I don’t know what the 9 dollar one gives you, probably not a lot

As far as I’m aware, it seems like everyone is using Rayvin to bypass the purchase process via the Top Shot web UI, but that the bots somehow have some other edge in being able to scrape the sales BEFORE they are visible on the blockchain to the Top Shot site/Rayvin site. Maybe I’m wrong - certainly not looking to do any kind of botting.

Knowing that Rayvin exists makes it uncomfortable to sit refreshing the marketplace page, vis a vis the hoops that need to be jumped through to get to purchase vs. someone clicking the buy button on the Rayvin site. Maybe that tool is grey area, but I didn’t think anyone had issues with that…

Is the instant buy button quicker? Seems like it is.

it’s not bypassing the purchase process in top shot at all, it’s bypassing the search process

1 Like

Right, the bots are gaining the edge by speed not by strategy.

2 Likes

So yesterday after the drop the 35k steph got down to low 30s. It’s 60 rn.

Has anyone found a good push alert to let them know when the marketplace opens/closes?

I haven’t bought it, but I’d think so? To be honest I still don’t know where the fuck the buy now button is on the regular place. To buy anything I literally click the moment → explore listings → sort by LA (or low sn), and hope I click fast enough. If a program gave me a link directly to the sn I want to buy without doing that each time, it would definitely help, both my hands and my balance.

The program goofy shared works. Once it stars showing new listings, the market is open.

I’m using it and it’s been tough to tell. You’re definitely saving time on scope of targets for sure.

Is the Rayvin ding not a good indicator?

1 Like

Yeah, that works too. Thought he might not have Rayvin, though.

1 Like

Sort of, at least to me. In Rayvin, you see Serial 6969 Ish Smith listed for 14 dollars, with a button to buy it which takes you to the Top Shot website directly to that listing and it’s buy button.

Non-raviners looying for Ish moments are probably f5ing that edition in the marketplace, looking at the lowest ask price, seeing it go down, then clicking the link to see the moments for sale (which will initially be sorted by serial number), change it to sort by low ask, click it from the drop-down, and THEN are taken to that listing’s buy button.

Yeah, Rayvin also has some searching/filtering features and other stuff that caters to the joshes of the world, but at the most fundamental level, I just want easier access to the buy button for a specific listing like the link goofy sent above.

1 Like

you can try the chrome extension linked in my OP. It shows some of the best deals on teh side of the page and clicking ‘buy’ automatically does the drop-down selection for you, which saves you some time

1. scroll down page see this

1. click buy. page reloads to this

2 Likes

This nonsense is exactly what I’ve been doing for 2 weeks.

I’m getting rayvin for a month and seeing how it goes, no mas.

Ok so really the market assist is all I care about with rayvin and it’s only in the $49 subscription.

I guess I’ll try the 30 minute trial at some point when the market is actually up.

It’s really exposing how dumb capitalism is

1 Like

if you’re just looking for one card F5’ing is better, there’s just so many people on the market and then you’ve still got to get past the dreaded dapper boss.

Yep, this is pretty much my exact feeling, and I’m too nitty to give them 50 bucks lol.

I wonder how many of the crazy discounts could be networking moves.