TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

Go back to bed please. We’re having fun.

3 Likes

i think despite all my best efforts flipping i lost money yesterday because of how much the market dropped in my other holdings. it’s basically been this way for over a week now, just me trying to flip everything to survive

This guys has (20) no-look 3pt LBJ up at $1200/ea lol

looks like he bought them all for $100/ea. mbn

1 Like

woke up to a 3 digit booker at 68 and basically a hard crash in S2 well I did flip the AD and lillard overnight I got at least.

I pretty easily sold that card twice this week 1k’s at 150.

of course I tried to buy it

1 Like

When junkies get packs they get hooked. I now own five cards that currently have legitimate value although I expect to hold the bag.

2 Likes

Man I’m so tempted to keep all these seeing stars and pray for that sweet challenge increase

1 Like

I bought Simmons and Vucevic and plan on holding them for a bit. Imjosh scares me but he’s just a dumbass bot.

i just bought all the seeing stars. cost was $6368, dunno if good or bad but prices seemed to have pulled back enough to be reasonable. i was worried about the lebron challenge needing more stuff so i just bought all of them to cover my bases

7 Likes

So did we end up seeing Seeing Stars prices (after they stabilized after Drop 1) lose about 30% of their value once they stabilized after Drop 2? Would we expect a similar 30% haircut again after Drop 3?

Siiiiiick

none of us know, sometimes they skyrocketed later for the challenge

other than they will go down during the dump

we could but what i am betting on is that people are going to have no more chances to snipe low prices or get them from packs, so they’re gonna just work on accumulating them for the challenge

for example this morning i think the pullback is people selling in anticipation of price drop on the added supply

1 Like

Yeah I’m just taking the trading window after Drop 3 for say the 24 hours afterwards, not long term hold for challenge.

1 Like

maybe but i plan to be on sniping during the day so if prices drop i should be able to make up for that temp dip… in theory

you are correct there’s dump #4 coming of SS’s

Yeah, I’m just spitballing and assuming there is going to be a big SS dip after Drop 3, and trying to figure out where things will comfortably trade once the dummy insta-sellers punt their supply to try to figure out where to BTMFD.

The lesson from previous challenges seems to be that if you can get out with a big profit before the challenge is over, that’s probably your most profitable move.

https://twitter.com/thefirstmint/status/1368247631823003648?s=21

9 Likes

or you could have rare/SS for that price and also have common packs of 5 cards

Since I’m going to miss the drop today, hopefully I can snag tomorrow’s drop. Good luck to everyone who hasn’t gotten a pack yet.

they literally tweet that like 10 minutes after i buy all the SS. lolll

3 Likes