TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

1 Like

:arrow_right:
https://www.nbatopshot.com/edition/208ae30a-a4fe-42d4-9e51-e6fd1ad2a7a9/fc16f0a6-d4fd-477d-99cc-0c43964d99d2 #7 - #3999* ( 800 ) NYK Immanuel Quickly banks in a floater

heā€™s #5 tho so no jersey number

108->85->69 left still whittling it down day by day but not fast enough because lol me thinking I should try to keep some of these for fun.

2 Likes

Luka 5x a common with 15k issues for a seeing stars issue of 10k? Seems weird?

if you need it to get a bron challenge reward, forget the moon, weā€™re headed to a new galaxy

2 Likes

i do not approve of ā€˜vucci maneā€™.

I will take a giant under on all of those price predictions.

3 Likes

I mean, on one hand, obv, of course, but on the other my 7th grade English teacher taught me about ā€˜a miss is as good as a mileā€™ and while I donā€™t hate that author nearly as much as the pure hate I have for Roham And The Top Shots, itā€™s still fairly significant.

I was a bit heartened that I hadnā€™t seen any references to Tulip Mania but Mr. Plunkett was all like hold my non-fungible digital beer, and hereā€™s where it gets really ridiculous: He even linked to the wikipedia page! You know how long it takes, after learning what Tulip Mania was, to learn that it didnā€™t actually happen in any of the meaningful ways itā€™s commonly described? However long it takes to read to the end of that wikipedia article, if not to the end of the intro.

At the beginning of the other thread @goofyballer and @yuv said this,

This digital token is, like, the late-stage capitalism version of that baseball card: ā€œmanufacturedā€ (to the extent that word can apply to a digital construct) purely for consumption and speculation, to be passed across electronic accounts, to be admired on your nbatopshot dot com collection page, for as long as that company continues to exist.

You want to point out how fucked up late stage capitalism is? No one disagrees here i imagine.

and while itā€™d be unfair for me to expect some random doofuses out on the internet to be as sharp as the forum members here, come the fuck on already. If you want to write an article about whatā€™s so terribly wrong with all this, then cut right to the marrow and do it. Donā€™t link a bunch of bullshit articles of which you apparently couldnā€™t even bother to read the introductions. It just makes you seem like you have a puritanical disdain for gambling and a jealousy of not getting in on the ground floor and donā€™t actually care about pulling back the curtain.

I donā€™t care if people love bitcoin and cryptocurrency and shit like this derived from it and I donā€™t care if they hate it, but I reserve major side eye for people who hate it because they have this idea of ā€˜realnessā€™ and ā€˜valueā€™ that they believe somehow isnā€™t gross and exploitative.

Bitcoin et al is fake, sure, ok, whatā€™s real? Fiat, the gold standard, bartering? Way, way back during the first bartering transaction, when one caveman needed help moving a rock and the other was hungry and wanted some of the firstā€™s mammoth meat, what happens when one of them decides the other needs what he needs just a touch bit more than heā€™s letting on?

Dumbass caveman didnā€™t you see how hungry that other guy was?

8 Likes

Yeah average EV of $600ish on a $14 pack being issued 180k times seems hilarious

1 Like

lol wtf is wrong with me one of you people needs to tap the sign

NO POLITICS IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM

@jwax13 donā€™t feel compelled to reply to that itā€™s not really a direct reply to you obv

In terms of the ā€œpeople are spending their money in ways I do not condoneā€ articles, its still wild btc sphere ones are so much more condescending than the ones I read about Trump bettors post election or hedge funds.

3 Likes

every cult needs a crazy uncle

1 Like

Lol excellent paraphrasing of part of what I was getting at but failing to be as succinct.

Put poker along with the btc sphere. To me it gets to the root of whatā€™s always fascinated me about us. Weā€™re all some degree of left but we are and/or were advantage gamblers, and Iā€™ve never been able to put my finger on if these two things are at cross-purposes and if so, how much so.

Iā€™m just typing/talking out loud now but it actually feels like these people are mad at anything that really highlights how itā€™s all ridiculous. I mean, part of me still actually believes that people werenā€™t dumping money on trump on predictit post-election, itā€™s too depressing on a macro level.

Fuck, am I becoming a ā€œdonā€™t hate the player hate the gameā€ guy? Thatā€™s a slippery slope.

4 Likes

Yeah I caught that one, and itā€™s even more bizarre because he links an article that explains it:

Mr. Too Damn Busy To Read A Linked Article

3 Likes

meanwhile in capitalism

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1367140440286363651

Does anybody know of any good forums to talk politics? This PACK delay left me with some pent-up mental energy I need to work off.

4 Likes

dfs business must be booming for awesemo to drop whatever amount that cost

lol wtf why does awesemo own so many deanthony melton common cards

Very nice!! Can you do my big holdings? Kd7500 lbj7500 lbj15000. Iā€™m sorta interested to know if there are any accounts holding a large quantity of these, as compared to someone like Gianniā€™s or Embiid, to see who people are loading up on.