TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

I see your squiggle and raise you this masterpiece:

https://twitter.com/CBSSunday/status/1442911995343224833

3 Likes

Fat fingering a moment isnā€™t getting scammed though. They also have added extra clicks to notify you when you are listing below current LA, so you have to doubly confirm if you want to fat finger a listing (OS and wax do pretty much nothing to help here, and for wax often the suggested listing price can be crazy low and cause people to punt). They did somewhat quickly fix the LiveToken bug.

Itā€™s a low bar, but pretty much all the other sites do nothing to stop scams or may even participate in them. OS did nothing to compensate people that were scammed by itā€™s own lead developer front-running listings (I guess they did at least fire him but he got a nice golden parachute of all that eth). Nor does OS do much to prevent people listing scam collections on its site (although if enough people bug them about what the eventually take it down). Wax straight laughs at people that get scammed and says since itā€™s on the blockchain, they wonā€™t even ban the scammers accounts.

TS on the other hand hasnā€™t really had any scams that Iā€™m aware of (other than the LT one that lasted less than an hour).

My argument isnā€™t so much that Dapper is great, but that all the other alternatives really suck and have huge problems they donā€™t even bother trying to address.

1 Like

topshot with slightly higher userbase but eth nft sales do 10x the value. axie infinity dominates topshot. topshot dreams of some kind of game to go with the moments some day when theyā€™re out of beta. if that ever happens, axie will be that much more established

in the last 30 days:

nba topshot $20 million in sales

lazy lions $28 million in sales

5 Likes

Thereā€™s some psychological factor that comes into play when spending 0.1 on something vs spending 300 (eth vs usd). Iā€™m not saying the floor for a TopShot moment would be $40 if they were on OpenSea, but they wouldnā€™t be $4 either. Conversely if the OpenSea marketplace was USD only I think stuff would be valued less on there.

1 Like

Usd is shown in every nft page and in metamask for every trade. Topshot floor is where it is because itā€™s not a great product

This is the issue I struggle with, focus too much in the opposite direction on the $

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheSmarmyBum/status/1443259893411049475?s=19

3 isnā€™t correct draftkings has them beat there but they did vastly improve speed of the queue recently

On Opensea they take 2.5% and then the NFT creator takes up to 10%, they usually take 2.5-7.5 but some of the fancy artists take 10 so 5% on TS isnā€™t so bad

It would be nice to pay in eth but then weā€™d have to pay gas fees which are a huge rake. I donā€™t know which would be better

Doesnā€™t DK still allow people/bots to enter multiple times, or did they fix that loophole?

people canā€™t enter multiple times but I guess idk about a bot

It seems like they fixed the botting in the queues. The botting on the secondary market is still alive and well though.

TopShots now listed in ETH (option toggle)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1443475816751398912?s=20

3 Likes

Iā€™m holding out for the mutant dog dick

2 Likes

Do serials matter in the DK nft stuff?

In terms of utility, no. In terms of value on the secondary, somewhat but probably only if you have a top 1% serial or a special one like jersey number or whatever.

yeah was talking value. i got 120ish out of 5k on the bolt one was wondering if thereā€™s any reason to price it over LA.