TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

It’s just that the entire business model for the industry he works in is to front-run retail investors. So it’s obvious why he doesn’t see it as a big deal.

1 Like

I won’t claim to know all of the ins and outs on backed trades since I’ve never completed one successfully, but you should be able to see the value. Not sure about private links. I’ve only used Trading/See Active Offers which unsurprisingly is a mine field of trash offers for your high value assets. Not gonna lie, just opening that tab makes me a bit nervous because it’s very salient you are one misclick away from shipping off everything you have for napkins. As implemented it’s basically just a reverse freeroll based on inducing misclicks.

In this particular instance, the bot offered no assets in trade, so the cube was traded for literally nothing. That seems even more bizarre but maybe that’s a better scam tactic due to the UI or something? I’m not sure what an offer with nothing looks like from the recipient side.

In other words, instead of waiting for someone to fat finger a Lebron, on Wax you can attempt to induce that mistake, and as often as you please.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-18/would-be-nft-millionaires-throw-a-dart-and-usually-hit-a-dud

I got my first draftkings nft. A tiger woods sometning

1 Like

I have a Facebook friend who has been pushing some NFT he’s involved with the last couple days. This is going to get annoying. He’s not even a tech bro, either.

Congrats! I went 0/2 on Tiger, but he’s definitely one of the best to get.

A bunch of the whales got pissed off today because there was super hard botting in the carbon drop (guys getting 40, 50+ of all the ones posted at ridiculously low prices including the main guy botting #1 that someone was dumb enough to list for $200). DK then decided to limit page refreshes on the next drop, so anybody ctrl + tabbing got locked out of the site for up to half an hour, but the bots were free to run wild so a bot got #1 and #2. There is much unrest in the signed holders room.

1 Like

Anything that bothers whales makes me happy.

But in their lack of any clear economic value, NFTs stand apart from other recent speculative fads. Anyone can mint a token, which essentially denotes unique ownership of an asset on the blockchain.

“Some of this is just the taste of the community,” said Benjamin Rameau, founder of a decentralized group investing in NFTs called Jenny DAO. “What the market decides is valuable sometimes is decided by weird factors.”

Oh yeah this is definitely unique to NFTs:

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

(That’s not a dig at Tracey Emin.)

2 Likes

i’ve got a Gretzky carbon #451/5000 for $90 out there. hell of a steal! (that actually may be true, i just don’t care enough to find out)

1/2 on tiger

still not rich yet tho

Read an article this morning that said this Tiger dropped already happened so I didn’t even check lol.

how much did you list for? I got 900ish of the 2nd one

you got 900 for a 200 card? damn you crushed me

i meant i got #900 serial. i didnt sell yet

ayton back over 40 again

oh topshot and you random pumps

(luka/edwards/miles bridges/durant/giannis/jrue/ayton this latest one) Edwards/Ayton getting squeezed , if you have all the above you can showcase them to possibly win a common playoff pack or rare AS/RS packs (not joking there’s 600 of them in this, so various cards are going to the moon, yes your odds will suck of getting one)

edit–ayton 60, damn if wichita still has any of these…

I have durant jrue giannis and bridges. Sell em?

giannis has so many cards I’m not sure he moved all that much but yeah if you don’t want them – they won’t tank back down as much as they used to many don’t sell after these days.

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2021/09/23/twitter-to-add-bitcoin-lightning-tips-nft-authentication/

Twitter also announced today that it will add non-fungible token (NFT) verification features to the platform, a key step in the evolution of the booming trend for unique digital art, particularly as social media avatars. No specific timeline was laid out for the feature, which remains in development.

2 Likes

#1 and #2 rares in the eternal packs earlier though the topshot stress one was a complete bust

wen rich

1 Like