TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

This concept definitely seems interesting although probably a bit to complex for my pea brain , hope someone on here decides to get one and share some info about on here.

Looked at the link and someone posted the prices of these in recent drops.

Think you could buy a real horse at some of the prices but than again you don’t have to feed these.

1 Like

when are we getting cube badges?

4 Likes

I’m entering this document, which contains stans completely making shit up, into the record. That way people here can make decisions about whether these are companies (Wax, Topps) that they’d like to do business with in the future.

https://wax-io.medium.com/recap-of-the-toppsmlb-series-1-collection-sale-1d9a6e37540c

Cliffs: The odds listed on MLB Premium packs ($100) weren’t wrong if you cap the number of total packs to only 10% of the actual number and then make some really weird assumptions that no reasonable person would make. Also, even if you accept this glib explanation, the math still doesn’t work to explain the odds for other parts of the set. Here is my favorite part of the handwaving:

Topps published the combined odds of the Legendary Exclusive 1-of-1 70th Anniversary Collectible — 0.022% (rounded) — with the odds of the Legendary Exclusive Anniversary Collectible — also 0.022% (rounded). Combining these 2 odds into one summary level category, Legendary Exclusive Collectibles — 0.044% (rounded) — meant people could not easily determine the odds of just getting a Legendary Exclusive 1-of-1 70th Anniversary Collectible. And while this information is publicly viewable to everyone on the WAX blockchain, clearly many people did not inspect the Topps MLB unbox.nft smart contract configuration to see it.

If you’re not too familiar with this particular NFT, this short article sums everything up pretty well:

https://jaygorrell.medium.com/topps-mlb-nft-distribution-concerns-2d8fc329c3a

1 Like

Nice to see them get in a dig at Topshots at the end.

“Lastly, we would be remiss if we didn’t mention the great benefit a blockchain provides in quickly revealing whether there is any discrepancy in the reported vs actual odds of a sale. If Topps had conducted the MLB Series 1 sale with traditional digital items, or with physical cards, or on Flow, there would have been no way for the community to reliably ascertain what actually happened. The WAX public blockchain made that simple. This is why collectors are far better off participating in a sale conducted on a public blockchain like WAX.”

So the cards in your Topps pack aren’t determined until you open it and order of opening matters.

Both of those statements are technically true. The degree to which they matter in practice depends though. For the 1/1 Sigs worth $$$, it mattered a whole fucking lot.

meanwhile, in real news: i found my official pak cube theme

1 Like

Happen to pick up my badge and cube tonight.

2 Likes

Everything you people are talking about since I last popped in to the discord chat is completely made up.

1 Like

Says the most prolific poster in the crypto thread lol

2 Likes

I’m making all that up, that’s how I know.

6 Likes

I mean, a coin with a meme dog’s face on it? That came to me in a dream last night.

1 Like

4 Likes

Year of the Cube

the promise of NFTs is that in the future people will use them to demonstrate high social status, but it’s the present and i already feel way higher status than all of you

6 Likes

Helpful FAQ for zed tomorrow.

There are 2 waves of ZED drops tomorrow. 12pm PT and 6pm PT. Users will get an e-mail link for one of the waves. You need WETH in your Zed wallet. Apparently this is not the same as weth in metamask.

https://community.zed.run/2021/05/06/tera-drop-awaits/

@Discord Server List some of the common questions regarding to the upcoming TERA DROP we have seen asked by the community are below. We will try to answer all questions where there may be some confusion around. –

Can I only use WETH to purchase a racehorse?
Yes. Your ETH must be converted into WETH using the ZED RUN wallet. This is the same WETH you use for racing, breeding and now Genesis racehorse purchases. WETH from other sources will not work.

How do get WETH? The only way to ensure you are ready for the TERA DROP is that you must convert ETH to WETH via your ZED RUN wallet only.

How many unique acce links will I receive? Each user will receive one (1) access link in total at a random start time from one of the 12 waves.

What if I share my link with someone else? That person will be able to use your link to view the same marketplace as you, limiting your chances to purchases a Genesis racehorse. Our expectations is that every community members shows respect, fairness and equality.

Are all waves equal? Yes. Every wave has exactly the same number of racehorses and the same spread of genotypes.

How will I receive my access link to the Marketplace You will receive your access link through your registered email address.

How many racehorses can I purchase during the Tera Drop? There are no limits on how many racehorses you can buy from the access link you receive.

1 Like

I’m feeling old

Wtfisthishit.jpg

6 Likes

I guess i’ll stay poor

2 Likes