TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

Ya that’s a bit concerning to say the least. I’m not saying this to defend Dapper really because they are probably the ones at fault here but if this has been someone complaining about poker funds being confiscated or not being allowed to withdraw we would assume there was something shady going on with the player not the site. I realize the analogy isn’t perfect but the odds of early adopters being multi-accounters since it was a grey area at first seems very possible right?

Then again Dapper sucks at just about everything so there’s that.

That was my first thought as well.

From a technology perspective, a significant portion issues of their issues come down to properly scaling (whether that be their servers or database, I’m not really sure but I’m leaning towards BOTH based on their performance so far). Pre-registering at least helps solve a problem of hundreds of thousands of people making millions of requests to your application in a very short period of time.

Questions I would ask this guy:

How many cousins do you have?

we’re gambling on topps promo packs now

I got all wood, someone hits a gold within 3 (1% odds each pack) ridiculous

Can I buy topps with dapper?

4 Likes

Topps is on the WAX blockchain. It’s double the gambling since you have to hold a shitcoin for currency. If wax and your cards both go up you make tons of money, if wax craters then notstonks

1 Like

Cubes. Only. Go. Up.

2 Likes

Ah shit, here we go again . jpg

did they already do ufc?

not yet.

but this one i think can be much bigger than UFC or TopShot or even NFL.

The upside is massive because the target audience is basically every generally-online person.

It also is probably more likely to flop, but I’ll probably be in.

“We used to have pretty significant downtime, so we’re just pretty much down to scheduled maintenance now,” says Gharegozlou. “At this pace, within two months, I think we’ll be in a really great shape and ready for Genies to stress out our servers.”

4 Likes

30 hour queue time for everyone and I get under 20k in queue obv.

1 Like

I got under 5k. Irrationally pissed.

5 Likes

Lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/topshot_updates/status/1387841687435694086

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m disappointed it didn’t say true collector.

1 Like

yes, and the value of such cards is very much up to interpretation

Fundamental Theorem of NFTs: Cubes only go up. Everything else goes to zero.

1 Like