TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

wen buybacks

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ajpiano/status/1383865610484862977

10 Likes

You know that saying that goes something like ā€œThink about a news article on a topic you know lots about, focus on how wrong that article is, and then apply that to all of the articles you donā€™t know aboutā€? Thatā€™s sort of what this is. Like, if you werenā€™t totally sure that company valuations were just completely made-up bullshit, the answer is now very clear to Top Shotters.

topps initial rollout was a struggle but topshot was that bad when we all got in but everyoneā€™s all TOPSHOT GENIUSES COMPARED TO TOPPS HURR DURR. People just donā€™t remember anything thatā€™s for sure. (I agree that wax is a weaker product in many respects but sheesh) Even after a small delay (did you all forget how long TS delays were? lol), the packs ended and were delivered faster than average TS queues. They also seemed to quickly resolve at least some of the chargeback issues. People gotta relax for a second.

Lost respect for at least one of you though who came off as a massively entitled prick, you donā€™t even want the productā€“youā€™re just here for the flip ffs.

1 Like

thatā€™s because time is moving at such a warp speed in this space i guess. Yeah i remember the original holo pack that people just bypassed the queue on and the common packs that people got like 100 of, i guess if we are comparing my first drop experience in each then the Topps one was actually better. Although the queue system is >>> first-come first-served.

Cliffs?

yeah that josh guy is an asshole

1 Like

IDK if that was actually directed at me but if so I didnā€™t mean to come off as a prick. I know I was fortunate to be able to even get packs. Right now it seems like Iā€™m one of the few UP people who arenā€™t actively trying to dump the packs on the MP. This is no different than TopShot most of the people trying for packs are just in it for a quick flip. Iā€™m viewing it as a more long-term investment but initial thoughts are before I put more money in I want to see if other MLB stuff enters the space ā€“ right now I think the GIF stuff that TopShot has looks a lot cooler than Topps, which just are NFTs of what otherwise look like normal cards. Maybe that will change or maybe someone other than Topps will try something else. FWIW baseball is the sport I actually follow over NFL/NBA and was the cards I collected as a kid so Iā€™m more excited about MLB stuff than NBA in general, just donā€™t think the product looks as good as TopShot.

1 Like

i was joking of course. iā€™m only here for the love of the product though.

https://twitter.com/AwesemoDFS/status/1384601197856821253

3 Likes

The fact is, of all the NFTs available rn, NBA topshot are the coolest

3 Likes

ahem

4 Likes

Apparently there are animated cube cards so perhaps I spoke too soon!

https://twitter.com/ToppsDigital/status/1384580164957478916/photo/1

1 Like

The cube is the dumbest fucking thing Iā€™ve ever seen and Iā€™m actively rooting for it to go to zero.

4 Likes

The cube is the most rational of all NFT investments. Itā€™s not going to zero, itā€™s going to many zeroes.

4 Likes

Hopefully you mean me. I was pretty pissed buying max packs, having my card charged and then being told by the actual Topps support people in discord to JUST WAIT IF YOUR CARD WAS CHARGED YOU WILL GET YOUR PACKS to literally get nothing.

I mean in the end it probably saves me a lot of aggravation even if I lost a few dollars but straight up lying to people who have over $1000 charges on their ccs and no packs is low rent. Especially because if they just said try again and we will refund the earlier errors I would have done so.

Correct

WEN QOOB

4 Likes

I was about to +1 but I literally just realized the cube is fucking genius. Maybe ahead of its time (that time being 3-4 months from now).

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was looking for the trolliest Warhol and now Iā€™m at altered Mona Lisas.

1 Like