TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

Well… what did you get?

Wait… Wichita’s friend pulled a 50K Bron? What the actual fuck

4 Likes

Yeah I didn’t pull a Bron. Jamal Murray. Might be worth 2k?

2 Likes

Yup. Pretty insane.

so uh someone got the accidentally forgot a zero of a lifetime on a 2800 bron

Remember when that sentence was true?

2 Likes

Is it the GME friend?

Do not look at the discord. Jesus fucking Christ.

Cliffs for those of us who actually won’t look at the discord?

My withdraw hit my bank today, so it only took 4 days. And my bank hit me with a $15 wire fee, so it cost me $40 to get my damn money off the site.

Someone itt made a theoretical 25 grand because a seller forgot a zero.

3 Likes

Nope

what’s jwax talking about?

The guy Wichita invited to the discord packed a Lebron holo in the $1k pack. Someone else in the discord sniped one that got listed $25k under asking.

ETA 25K not $25.

3 Likes

I’ve minted my first ever NFT on Wax in my soon to be collection of Sports Meme gifs. This amazing Nets fan gif is currently a limited edition of 8 with a max mint ever if 23. I am retaining Serial #1 for myself but will offer up choice of #2-8 to @Lawnmower_Man for providing me with #3 of his first ever NFT. From there I’ll start taking offers on the others.

3 Likes

Maybe you are joking but I do have a couple questions on this type of thing. Isn’t this copyrighted? Can you make NFTs of copyrighted material you don’t own?

Isn’t this copyrighted? No idea, but it’s all over the internet.

Can you make NFTs of copyrighted material you don’t own? I just did, so…

4 Likes

i’ll trade you the scene from mad men where Ham is in that crater in korea and makes the decision to fake his death and steal this guy’s identity

4 Likes

It’s definitely copyrighted because it’s part of an NBA broadcast. That’s where that disclaimer of needing “express written consent” for reproduction comes in on every game.

Online GIF makers probably aren’t worth the trouble but minting and selling copyrighted material as NFTs seems more likely to come under scrutiny and possible legal action by the NBA.

2 Likes

Well, this one is staying in the vault forever.

4 Likes