TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

react just posted a Plumlee for $9 lol.

Let me know once you see my account auctioning my moments off for pennies

I sold the 2 digit RS for way less than I wanted and a nice profit but man that was painful so WOOOOOO

now watch him emerge and it’s a 2k+ card in a year and lol me

1 Like

Lots of discussion on the discord about it, but for those of you not on there it appears rayvin is dead. Topshot stated in office hours that any paid 3rd party service is against TOS.

good news bots

also they pinned the office hours notes and of course it won’t open or download

1 Like

wait, those are the same bot?

he’s been switching names back and forth then

I figure just after I sell most of my cards–then they immediately announce they’re letting new people in again and it all goes back up.

was trying to figure out how ja’s 7500 has gone up the whole time but it’s literally “because one guy bought all of them” he bought all the zion layups too

Misc:

• The suspected bot accounts of Pizzahat and Slimjim are being looked at, just like with the Pickle user.

Lol they’re totally gonna come back and say there’s no user named Pizzahat.

3 Likes

2 Likes

IANAL but this is not my read of their TOS at all. Q&A from the meeting presented by eldumbo™:

Q Whats the plan for people using things like price alert sites to gain an edge in the MP?

A As long as the tool is not a paid service, those things are fine. They help collectors make decisions and a lot of the sites have helped create really useful tools. But when talking about a paid service, that directly conflicts with our TOS. So those are not allowed and any platform that is charging should cease immediately. And anyone using those paid services are putting themselves at risk as well.

The closest thing I see to this take is here:

5. CONDITIONS OF USE AND PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

(7) involve exploiting the App for any unauthorized commercial purpose;

I have no idea what “exploiting” might mean legally but they write about “the App” a lot in the ToS. For example,

(i) Financial Transactions on App. Any payments or financial transactions that you engage in via the App will be conducted solely through the Flow Network.

This occurs numerous times, but a plain text reading of their terms implies that “the App” and the Flow Network are two separate entities. Here it is even more clearly:

(iii) Use of Blockchain . The App does not store, send, or receive Moments. This is because Moments exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained on the App’s supporting blockchain in the Flow network. Any transfer of Moments occurs within the supporting blockchain in the Flow network, and not on the App.

My read is that a service built from only the blockchain would not be subject to these terms (I dunno if rayvin meets that criteria, but I doubt they do either). Maybe Flow’s ToS says the same thing, but I don’t think that’s what they’re referring to here and are instead just Calvinballing again for the 20th time.

2 Likes

saw jump mentioned a few times in the discord earlier if he got wichita’d it’d be a real shame

I just blew him up on discord. We’ll see what happens.

Likely nothing

1 Like

well now he knows to change his name again so you did something

It’s also been made clear we can track him no matter how many times he changes names.

it hasn’t been made clear topshot knows that

3 Likes

Purchased in 27s by mac3

Lol why wouldn’t he go to a new one though?

The bots are just so greedy but I guess why wouldn’t they be when Top Shot is run by people who have no idea what they’re doing.

1 Like

new name?

Purchased in 28s by cleverc

they just don’t care imo. I got a direct email to the product guys but i just don’t think it will be helpful.