TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

Usman getting ready to crush all of our hopes and dreams in the site-status-issues channel

I think thereā€™s 4 sets and 4 dates. The Revolution set official release date is Wednesday.

Prizm is March 31st.

Iā€™m only talking basketball.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a ton, more than I can keep track of. And Hobby/Retail arenā€™t always on the same release schedule. Hoops was out awhile ago and Donruss just came out last week. I subscribed to Paniniā€™s emails so I get the updates on any basketball releases.

Iā€™ve only bought singles so far, but have been resisting the strong urge so far to buy an old box to break like 92-93 Topps or Fleer. The 20-21 Prizm release is likely gonna get me to finally buy a box though.

And why just mention Wednesday without saying ā€˜until Wednesdayā€™? They clearly arenā€™t opening before then.

So a non-announcement? Cool cool.

Letā€™s check in and see how thatā€™s going. I went through the entire history (thatā€™s available to me) and identified 7 accounts involved in this scheme with a single account being the conduit to MP sales. None of the other accounts have made a sale in the MP. However, while the main account has not made a MP purchase, 5/6 of the ghost accounts have made a purchase, according to cryptoslam (which may be incomplete). Take one guess at what that activity looks like:

Selection_061Selection_062Selection_063Selection_064Selection_065

Fortunately, I tracked down the usernames and google-auths and they donā€™t appear to have received any packs yesterday. Maybe they were flagged or maybe itā€™s bad luckā€“about 30% chance whiffing on 7 accountsā€“but this group is up over $16k from ZeeJustinning the pack drops then hastily dumping. Nice work if you can get it.

3 Likes

FYP

1 Like

in their defense they have made some big improvements fast on the pack drops. I remember in my first drop attempt, probably barely even a month ago at this point if that, someone got like 80 packs. And the last holo drop was screwed up too. If they can replicate that stuff on the marketplace, itā€™s smooth sailing. Problem is, i donā€™t think thatā€™s as easy as a fix.

hundreds of years they are completely delusional

1 Like

You need to get this shit on Twitter so that they canā€™t ignore it IMO, thatā€™s the best way to get attention on this stuff fast

1 Like

imagine how much my labron no-look 3 pt will be going for in 2150 when cyborg LeBron is playing with his son, grandson, great grandson, and great-great grandson on Elon Muskā€™s Mars-based NBA team

3 Likes

itā€™ll be a cyborg card though, not the current topshot moment

1 Like

Yeah if we had the bot list and your discord message out on twitter then they couldnā€™t ignore it either. Sorta like how after that guy was saying TS is insolvent cuz he couldnt cash out, roham put out a blog post the next day

1 Like

Does anyone here have an twitter account with an actual following? Seems best way you be to tweet, the rest of us like/retweet and @ some more influential TS twitter people.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheFirstMint/status/1369014494295322625

i cant see any interest in this set after the AD challenge and the new Lamelo rising star will probably have less mints than the coolcat master challenge reward at this point since there are still like 3500 Luka as the bottleneck.

The next coolcat pack may actually be the lowest EV pack yet

1 Like

Thereā€™s a fairly easy plan to fix all of this, but theyā€™d never go for what Iā€™m proposing.

1a. Change the marketplace to a bid/ask system to handle the majority of transactions for people looking to buy/sell a moment without caring what the serial # is.
1b. Create an auction or otherwise special listing available for people who want to sell outside of bid/ask due to serial #.
1c. Disable signups and shut down all transactions immediately for everyone who hasnā€™t KYC yet.
2. Enable withdrawals for all accounts who have passed KYC. They can keep their $1k limit for now.
3. Make KYC available to all existing users who havenā€™t yet. A lot of accounts will be abandoned in this stage as we find out how many duplicate/bot accounts have been created.
4. Once a decent percentage of existing user base have passed KYC, reopen new signups. New signups now require KYC prior to being able to deposit or transact with the site in any way.

6 Likes

I donā€™t, i think the best chance is to be quick to reply to one of rohamā€™s or TopShotā€™s tweets so that we know he sees it, and most people viewing the tweet can see it too and like / RT so that it stays near the top of the replies

2 Likes

Are there any influencers that follow TS but arenā€™t fanboys?

obviously they mean TOPSHOT

5 Likes