TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

This guy works for Dapper i think since green name

Funny thought, everyone who has sold a moment on eBay this weekend or soon to end likely can’t deliver since they turned gifting off. Good luck unraveling that.

1 Like

if their account doesn’t get banned, I think topshot is going after ebay sellers on their product because well that’s $ lost

1 Like

yeah i expect them to get rid of the gifting feature entirely because of this, or do a complete re-work on it somehow such that in order to gift the giver or recipient has to pay 5% of the current low ask price in fees

To be fair, the status message doesn’t say which year on March 8th the mp will be fixed

9 Likes

i dont understand why they dont just open it. everyone know it’s going to work for like 5 minutes then get overloaded. We just need to do like 20 of these 5-minute sessions to clear out most of the panic sales and then the market will be more stable

1 Like

sCALiNg iMpRoVeMeNts

1 Like

im going to go the bank wire method if i actually have any $ after this and am not busto, simply because i dont want to deal with another step getting the money to my bank. I guess the only reason I would go the USDC route is if i wanted to just buy BTC with my dapper funds

What are the risks with just going to your bank, they laugh and say we don’t take laundered crypto money?

Coin base absolutely charges you. There”s also a mining fee to get it there.

1 Like

Marketplace is down while all the employees buy a flight to an island in the Caribbean

3 Likes

I just transferred $3k of Bitcoin from Bovada to my wallet to Coinbase to my bank account for $47 in total fees. All of which came from Coinbase.

1 Like

I use a Trevor to neutralize coin base restrictions. Not sure how coinbase feels about Topshots. I’m guessing they don’t care.

It’s $1000 now but I think (lol me) they are going to be increasing the number. Pretty sure I saw one case of a person who cashed out $1k then got instantly bumped up to $10k limit on the next xfer. Amounts are just low now because it’s so early and they didn’t do KYC upfront.

1 Like

So my Topshots obsession has also spun off into Panini obsession and looks like this years cards drop this week.

Planning out a multi Target route as we speak.

I think the effective fee will be even larger than 2.5% if you are cashing out anything other than an exact multiple of $1,000.

1 Like

Panini Revolution is this week. Panini Prizm, which is the set, is end of March/beginning of April unless you’ve seen different somewhere.

Are they not both subset?. I’m aware of the staggered release dates. Isn’t there also 2
more?

For all sports or do they stagger based on season?