TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

They better get the marketplace open before the degens get past the withdrawal phase.

4 Likes

Major progress - the red dot is gone.

5 Likes

Working hard!

Not for me yet "/. Knowing topshot they are probably manually removing them 1 by one. They will then have to go back into maintenence anyone does a transaction to remove them.

I turned on AM radio driving to work this morning because I hate myself. Glenn Beck had a NFT expert on and an entire segment on TopShot. The levels to which Dapper are blowing this during a wave of largely positive free publicity is insane.

2 Likes

wen mp

Itā€™s almost 9am for the Dapper devs. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll get the party :partying_face: started soon!

2 Likes

Or they could be implementing fixes for a completely upgraded user experience

lol

9 Likes

I think theyā€™re desperately trying to stop the market crash but have no ideas on how to do it so theyā€™re delaying the inevitable for as long as possible

2 Likes

Seems likely

BUYBACKS

(Although the jopke here is Roham will cash out $20M in buybacks while the market continues to reach terminal velocity in a free fall.)

1 Like

big announcement

we are extending the Holo Icon Challenge 2 for an additional day. Our goal at Top Shot is to make our challenges as accessible as possible to every collector

yes holo challenge is super accessible and absolutely nobody will complete during the extended day but keeping working hard over there

I think if the marketplace worked we may still see a decline in prices for a while but I am not sure I would label it a crash. Iā€™m also not sure why Dapper would care too much if prices declined from here. It would make the product more accessible in the lower levels.

I donā€™t think it is anymore complicated than their current marketplace code or possibly the blockchain does not function at current normal marketplace loads.

i guess i could be :clown_face: but i think the seeing star stuff is going to crater initially like it has after every drop and then moon. I donā€™t feel confident about anything else, though. Except for the rising stars, following a similar pattern. The rising stars market iā€™m expecting to be absolute chaos, KAT-esque, but iā€™m not sure iā€™ll have the dapper for it all. Fully expecting to see silly stuff like $1000 Lamelo Balls

1 Like

I have the same thought as SS, but itā€™ll take a few days and maybe all week for those dumps to clear out because so many people tried to sell and gave up earlier. Donā€™t know about moon tho, lots of people saw the previous challenges werenā€™t worth it. Iā€™m hoping for 200.

RS who knows, maybe for the challenge people buy and I get thereā€™s only 2021 of them, but itā€™s tough to see who really wants that stuff outside of a few players. Discord is like 1k each player but Iā€™m skeptical outside initial buys and three players or so.

Yeah, i wonā€™t be buying any RS unless itā€™s clearly a noob punting someone like Lamelo at half off or more. The number of people trying to complete the challenge will dictate the floor of the lesser RS players, I donā€™t want to try and guess at that. But Iā€™m pretty confident Lamelo will be worth north of $4k, VERY easily. People will buy him knowing he is bottleneck for the challenge and it may actually end up being his rarest card currently

Edwards reward seems like one of the better ones they have offered overall. Maybe second only to the Luka one. In a market with only 2k each that could put some pretty serious upward pressure on the market.

Of course if the marketplace is like this much longer none of that will matter at all.

1 Like

Taco Bell NFTs

https://twitter.com/tacobell/status/1368807880434982912

3 Likes

This is unreal

Was just checking Yumaqis account, he got a Rising Stars pack and pulled a Haliburton. Also he botted #15 Embiid SS and #13 Jokic SS for min