Tom Cruise Only Fans

I miss going to the theater.

2 Likes

@Bro said that’s what she misses the most and she’s starting a drive-in!

1 Like

I liked him in Bartender.

Favorite is “Interview with the Vampire”.

2 Likes

The Others might be my favourite film on that list, I love it, but it’s not a Tom Cruise film.

Picking one seems madness, but just going off which one would I most like to re-watch right now it’d be either Ghost Protocol or Edge of Tomorrow. They’re both god-tier popcorn nonsense, impossible to separate. Maybe I’d give the edge to GP as the MI films post MI2 are just incredible things.

Speaking of, I found MI2 literally unwatchable last time I tried. I think War of the Worlds is probably even worse, though, in that I just found it boring. I also really didn’t like Minority Report, but I might be being an idiot there given its general reputation.

There’s also a few I’ve not seen and have no interest in. E.g. I’ve been avoiding Days of Thunder for 30 years now, not sure why but the poster made it look abysmal.

2 Likes

Along with AFGM and Rain Man, the Color of Money is the only thing he’s done that has a line in it that I ever find myself still repeating. And it wasn’t even his

3 Likes

Top Gun probably makes my all time top 10 list, just an all around great film. I’d probably pay $20 to watch #2 at home. It’s going to be really hard to live up to expectations. What’s the line on Maverick being alive at the end? It’s probably around -200? It seems like they have to end it with a heroic death of some sort.

Mission Impossible is this weird mess of a film that I just really love and have watched several times even though I am confused as all hell as to what’s really going on. Why did he need to use a bible for the e-mails? Did he really just guess a bunch of random email addresses using some combination of Job & 314 to find Job? How did having that stamped bible trace back Job = Phelps? I’ve spent years wondering if this movie is too smart for me, or a stupid movie trying to be smart that broke my brain.
Still though, that CIA break-in scene in the quiet room is pretty iconic.

MI:3 is on my list of all time great mindless action flicks. I love a good fast paced movie that doesn’t try to do too much, just 2 hours of ridiculous action and explosions.

3 Likes

You are correct. The films in the list that don’t state a role were produced by him. The Others was his last collaboration with Nicole Kidman before they divorced. Coincidentally, their divorce was finalized the same week the movie released.

1 Like

It’s more Kubrickish than Cameron Crowe-ish

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/zyUxQAl.gif

1 Like

I think it’s the only Cameron Crowe movie I’ve seen, so to me it’s 100% Cameron Crowe-ish.

1 Like

No way!!! You haven’t seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Say Anything? Jerry Maguire? Almost Famous? Pearl Jam Twenty?

1 Like

I looked at movies he directed. He wrote, but didn’t direct Fast Times. I saw that and it was awesome. I was 14 years old when it came out though.

I might have seen Jerry Maguire.

2 Likes

That’s true. Fast Times was directed by Amy Heckerling, who would go on to direct one of the greatest films of our time. A movie so awesome that it was added back to Netflix and RedBox at the same time. No, not Look Who’s Talking, though she directed that one too.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen Vanilla Sky too. Jerry Maguire is one of those films everyone says is great but for no real reason I’m certain they’re all wrong.

1 Like

This is a bad take and you should feel bad for having it.

Especially given the recent passage of Kelly Preston. Real lack of respect here.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Jerry Maguire is pretty good, but Cuba Gooding Jr. really out shined Cruise in it, which is bizarre given their career arcs after the film.

2 Likes

OJ tho

1 Like

He jumps about and says “show me the money,” or something?

Nah.

2 Likes

He won on Oscar for this role. The show me the money scene was one of a few parodied lines from the film, but the other 2 hours were god damn fantastic.

2 Likes