Tom Cruise Only Fans

Tell me your favorite and least favorite Tom Cruise movie. Explain why if you want. Least favorite can include one you’ve never seen and don’t ever want to see.

Filmography

YEAR TITLE ROLE
2020 Top Gun: Maverick Pete “Maverick” Mitchell
2018 Mission: Impossible - Fallout Ethan Hunt
2017 American Made Barry Seal
2017 The Mummy (2017) Nick Morton
2016 Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Jack Reacher
2015 Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation Ethan Hunt
2014 Edge of Tomorrow Major William Cage
2013 Oblivion Jack Harper
2012 Jack Reacher (2012) Jack Reacher
2012 Rock of Ages Stacee Jaxx
2011 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Ethan Hunt
2010 Knight and Day Roy Miller
2008 Valkyrie Col. Claus von Stauffenberg
2008 Tropic Thunder Les Grossman
2007 Lions for Lambs Sen. Jasper Irving
2006 Mission: Impossible III Ethan Hunt
2006 Ask the Dust
2005 Elizabethtown
2005 War of the Worlds Ray Ferrier
2004 Collateral Vincent
2003 The Last Samurai Nathan Algren
2003 Shattered Glass
2002 Austin Powers in Goldmember Austin Powers (in Movie)
2002 Minority Report Officer John Anderton
2002 Space Station 3D Narrator
2001 Vanilla Sky David Aames
2001 The Others
1999 Magnolia Frank “T.J.” Mackey
1999 Eyes Wide Shut William Harford
1998 Without Limits
1996 Jerry Maguire Jerry Maguire
1996 Mission: Impossible Ethan Hunt
1994 Interview With the Vampire Lestat
1992 A Few Good Men Lieutenant J.G. Daniel Kaffe
1990 Days of Thunder Cole Trickle
1989 Born on the Fourth of July Ron Kovic
1988 Rain Man Charlie Babbitt
1986 The Color of Money Vincent Lauria
1986 Top Gun (1986) Lt. Pete Mitchell
1985 Legend (1985) Jack
1983 The Outsiders Steve Randale
1983 Risky Business Joel Goodson
1983 All the Right Moves Stef Djordjevic
1981 Taps David Shawn
2 Likes

All picks may receive one of two ratings

and

5 Likes

Present.

1 Like

Of what I’ve seen, mi2 and mi3 are pretty bad, Rock of Ages worst movie of them all but not really his movie or his fault.

That said, Tom Cruise has the most good to goat movies of my lifetime, and it’s probably not close. I mean Daniel Day never misses but he has like a third of the output.

4 Likes

Edge of Tommorow mostly because of this line

Then maybe Top Gun and Minority Report. Oh by the way the last half of Minority Report is Tom Cruise’s fantasy after he gets haloed

1 Like

Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men, Top Gun, Rain Man, The Color of Money, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut and Born on the Fourth of July.

He really is a titan imo.

1 Like

As for favorite Cruise, I can’t decide, I’d have to give you 10 picks. A few good men, top gun, mi1, eyes wide shut, rain man, the color of money, minority report. This is goat tier Cruise, but then there’s very good stuff like valkyrie, some of the other impossibles, war of the world’s, edge of tomorrow, last samurai, Jerry maguire

3 Likes

obligatory politics forum link

I usually supercringe at stuff like this but dude does a nice job

3 Likes

Right now I’ve got MI: GOAT Protocol as his best. Pound for pound, it is great at everything it does.

Days of Thunder easily among his worst. I’ve never finished it, but then I think NASCAR is boring and not even Cruise can make me interested.

2 Likes

Valkyrie was quite good

3 Likes

I don’t understand how this game works but Tom Cruise strapped himself to a goddamn airplane just to entertain you in a dumb action movie.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I get this thread but 80s/90s cruise is probably a 9/10 average entertainment value and 00s/10s cruise is more like a 5/10.

The fact he only did 8 movies from 1985-1995 is really insane considering how big of a star he was at that point.

1 Like

Raise

3 Likes

4 Likes

Man, if you weren’t entertained by MI: Fallout, I just don’t know what to tell you. You just don’t like action movies.

2 Likes

Too many great movies to list a favorite. As for least favorite, there are quite a few I haven’t seen but Vanilla Sky was pretty bad.

1 Like

Vanilla Sky, The Last Samurai and Collateral are my top 3.

Vanilla Sky moved me deeply. It’s tragic, funny, the music is great and it has a lot of heart. I watched it while super high, but it really left a lasting impression on me to the point that I refuse to watch it again in fear that it won’t be up to par as my initial viewing.

“For a minute there, I thought we were talking about a fucking mask!!”

This man doesn’t make bad films TBH.

3 Likes

Booo fight me :sob:

2 Likes

Absolute favorite has to be A Few Good Men, but Edge of Tomorrow, Minority Report, and Collateral are right there. Next tier, still hall of famers, includes Risky Business, Jerry Maguire, and the various Mission Impossibles.

Movies I will claim are GOAT that I know in my heart are actually not the GOAT but they are still very fun: Top Gun and Cocktail.

I feel like I’ve done a good job avoiding Tom Cruise movies that I probably wouldn’t like. I’m confident that I’m better for never having seen Days of Thunder or Far and Away. I think the only Cruise movies that I remember actively disliking were The Last Samurai and War of the Worlds.

Other notable haven’t seens: The Mummy, Valkyrie, Tropic Thunder, Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, Color of Money

2 Likes

Worst movie Cruise has been in is Magnolia, by far. Obviously not his fault, he was great in it.