Tom Cruise Only Fans

I didn’t like War of the Worlds in the theater but I recently rewatched it and really liked it. I’m not sure why I didn’t like it then but like it now.

Didn’t see Mummy either. Valkyrie is a solid historical action movie that suffers from knowing the ending and they didn’t quite pull off the energy you need for a movie like that. Tropic Thunder’s great but Cruise is only in like seven minutes. Vanilla Sky is meh but he was obviously good in it. Magnolia, congratulations on saving four and a half hours of your life. Color of Money is great, amazing cast, see it ASAP.

I’ve always meant to watch Color of Money, but wanted to watch The Hustler first. Unfortunately, The Hustler is slooooooooooooooooooow, so I stil haven’t finished it.

1 Like

I forgot Far and Away. Love that film.

‘Take Friday as well, you spineless, little fraction of a man!’

2 Likes

The Mummy. Oof. I remember seeing the first trailer and thinking wow can’t wait. Then the advance reviews came in… I tried and quickly saw how bad it is. Unwatchable.

Minority Report is a phenomenal movie. Cruise and Spielberg both on their A game.

1 Like

I like Vanilla Sky. Cruz is great in it.

Minority Report and A Few Good Men are probably my favorites. I enjoyed The Last Samurai, War of the Worlds, Edge of Tomorrow, Born on the Fourth, The Outsiders, Legend, Risky Business and Taps.

1 Like

This thread is confirming my belief that Collateral is one of the most underrated movies ever.

5 Likes

Collateral was pretty good.

4 Likes

Totally unnecessary to watch the hustler first

2 Likes

Dude is the GOAT. Too bad he’s such a nutjob in real life that he’ll never fully be appreciated til he’s gone.

Brag: I’m related to him. My cousin married his cousin. I believe he’s my cousin in law twice removed. Don’t know how that shit works out lol.

Oh and I’ve talked to my cousin’s wife. She said he’s an asshole and he wasn’t invited to the wedding.

4 Likes

Collateral was outstanding.

3 Likes

Damn, son. You need to watch that.

I’ve never seen Vanilla Sky even though I love Kubrick but this tread has convinced me that I absolutely have to give it a go.

1 Like

Vanilla sky is kubrikish but directed by somebody else, I’m going to guess arknfsky and be wrong, I used to know though

Directed by Cameron crowe

1 Like

My wife has talked to him. He was weird.

eta: Description of weirdness…like intense, looks at you too long in the eyes like he’s trying to make you think he’s really interested and maybe he is but it just makes you uncomfortable. Kind of like you might imagine.

2 Likes

A Few Good Men I would say is his best. It’s a heavy dialogue style of movie with serious subject matter and he’s pitted against exceptional talent and absolutely delivers. It seems like in his best movies (mainly the 90s-ish era stuff) he isn’t necessarily dominating the show, it’s more about the chemistry he creates with other great actors.

3 Likes

I would also say Color of Money in that regard, hanging with Paul Newman

1 Like

Tom Cruise is an actor whom I’ve enjoyed immensely on the silver screen but I would never want to kick back and have a beer and chill with him.

2 Likes

It might not be top-twenty Tom Cruise but I think War of the Worlds is misunderstood; the best way to watch that movie is to imagine that Spielberg was doing it as an exercise: can I film a 90-minute nonstop nightmare? The train is one of the best images he ever found imo.

Tom Cruise obviously in a totally different phylum from actors’ actors like DDL, Gary Oldman, et al, but nobody in last fifty years can clobber A Few Good Men or Jerry Maguire or Edge of Tomorrow like Tom Cruise can, those are three outstanding Tom Cruise movies. He’s Tom Cruise! American Weirdo.

3 Likes

Flash poll, assuming you won’t see Top Gun 2 in the theater because either: you live in a sane state and/or you’re not yourself insane, how much would you pay to see Top Gun 2 at home?

• Standard theater price
  • more than $20
  • more than $30
  • more than $40

0 voters

I think I’m a buying at $35 dollars, and this is with relatively conservative expectations that it’d be any good. I may pay same price for Dune 2020.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Vanilla Sky was all that Kubrickish.

1 Like