TJ plays a ton of poker in Vegas for WSOP! ...And occasionally eats

My Airbnb host is being a stickler and won’t let me check in for another hour… sooooooo…. Since I’m stuck at the Wynn with a little white meat,

To pass the time I’m going to fire exactly ONE 500 dollar bullet at craps and see what happens.

After the bloodbath on my last trip, I’m way due.

Will report back

3 Likes

Lol well that was quick, craps still rigged, I see. -460 and I whimper away, defeated, left with a green and 3 reds.

NO MORE PIT GAMES THIS TRIP

Whatever, I’m still in a good mood

2 Likes

Does it seem like the airbnb prices are quite a bit higher this year? I was looking around in October and yeeesh, surprisingly it seemed better off with a hotel on the strip.

Pit games are the devil :imp:

I booked months ago, but it didn’t seem far out of line with what I was seeing in 2019. There seemed to be more luxury condo units up for rent, which wasn’t what I was looking for, in the $120-170/night range. A ton of listings in the Palms

There fucking better be. I nearly threw my monitor out my window seeing that picture

3 Likes

Better off playing that pit Hold em game imo, fuck craps.

True story i once ran 1000 dollars i had left from a 30k wsop bankroll into 32k playing (mostly) ultimate holdem in the Palazzo on my last night before flying back to israel

Also true story i donated 3x that in the next 10 years trying to replicate that epic success.

Pit games are bad

4 Likes

Yeah, I turned 300 into about 5K at a roulette table on my last night on a trip about a decade ago.

Now after every time I lose at roulette (roughly every time) I like to say Im still up lifetime.

I have a 25-cent chip from Greektown in Detroit, if that gives you any idea of how well I did there one night on a business trip.

2 Likes

So, I never touched pit games. Then I got close with some fellow players and they basically had a roulette thing. If they were both up at least 1 BI, they basically bet $100-200 on 1/3 of the wheel and would let it ride for 3 spins. First time I join them we win a collective $7k. I think I’m still up at roulette but have had a few poor BJ days.

Should have just played pai gow, great time wasting game

All this to save a night of lodging is pure insanity

1 Like

Especially when it’s trivially easy to get free rooms in Vegas

1 Like

I never understand poker players who play in the pit. Why lose time in a +ev game to play a for sure -ev game.

Especially slots. I am completely baffled by the attraction of slots. They seem like anti-fun.

Yea, I don’t mind staying up the final night of a Vegas trip and catching a 6 am flight out to save one night, but having to stay up till 3pm the following day right off the bat cannot possibly be worth it, can it?!

Some people just care about action and would rather play a high-variance, swingy -EV game than grind out a profit in a boring +EV game.

I’d rather make a small profit in a 3/6 LHE game than play blackjack while waiting for a bigger game, bit most people aren’t mentally built like me.

Sure I’ll grant some of the floor games are fun but refuse to do the same for slots. :grin:

Mostly bc of the stories Yuv, I and others have posted. It’s really tough to win 5k+ in a day playing cash games. You get those runs in pit games, sometimes in mere minutes.

Can I introduce you to my friend, “100 play video poker”?

1 Like

I do this all the time for work, I’m 7p - 7a…. It’s really not that much of a burden on me to do this.

The only flaw in the plan was I was hoping I had a better selection of games even during vampire hours… which turned out not to be the case