TJ plays a ton of poker in Vegas for WSOP! ...And occasionally eats

What celebrity does he most resemble

1 Like

He’s not?

Deep cut here, whos got it?

Pretty boring taste buds so no Korean BBQ for me, but this here but this is an A+++ post.

Great meet up.

POTY candidate, but did you ask him what his 2p2 handle was?

I am really curious as to what kimchi you have had that isn’t red, because I have never seen non-red kimchi outside of a specialty market.

And the greens on the bulgogi are almost certainly green onions.

1 Like

Hahaha no I didn’t think to.

He mentioned he tries not to put too much personally identifying information out there, so I’ll refrain from speculating which celebrity he looks like, or his ethnicity. Y’all aren’t gonna believe this, but he might be a little nitty.

Excellent dining partner though! A+ would dine with again, all around great guy.

1 Like

The kimchi I’ve had just looks like cabbage

This looked almost like ravioli

Thanks. I had a great time, too.

If you knew nothing about what i post on the forum about poker, would you have guessed I was a nitty poker player from my personality? Would it be hard for me to pretend to be dumb?

I do wear glasses.

Anyway, I’m mad at the way I played today. Hit Venetian one last time, didn’t play particularly well. Did way too much calling of big bets, and not enough making/raising of big bets…. And played out of position too much.

Got in a hole early, topped up, then went on a little run and got as high as +1000 or so…. Then promptly proceeded to punt. Couple hands I misplayed:

I rivered the nut full house that put a third diamond out. Pot was only 300ish and we were 1800ish effective. Online, I just rip it and pray he’s bad enough to call. I ended up betting 600, 2x pot, and he snap folded and said he had a flush. I think if I bet more like 200, I get a crying call. He racked up shortly after that and the game quality deteriorated.

Straddle for 10, tight player makes it 40, I make it 110 with Ad Kd, he calls…. Playing about 400 behind. Flop Ks Jh Ts, he checks to me. If I spend two seconds thinking about ranges and texture here, I’d come up with the obvious move, which is to check back, pot control, and proceed cautiously. On the felt, I clicked 125, got shipped on, and herp derp I have AK and it hit, gotta call and lol pot odds anyway. Surprise, he had a set of jacks and I didn’t improve.

Another hand, I made the one card nut flush with the naked ace and bet big on the turn, he called. River paired the board and he came out for an even larger bet. If I have the ace high flush, then he doesn’t, so if he’s calling it’s most likely with a draw to beat it, and I stationed off anyway when the board paired. Threes full good, obviously.

And maybe the worst of all was when I called all three streets from a nit, and I KNEW he was a nit. I somehow talked myself into believing that the large river bet is just him trying to buy his way out of a bluff with a busted open ender or something. Surprise, he actually had a set all along, what a shock.

So at that point I was down a bit, but still one of the larger stacks because there weren’t many deep buyins. So in a nitty, shallow game I waved the white flag and picked up the rest of it, -867.

I need to go to bed early so I can pack and check out by 11. Then the bank to deposit the rest of my roll so I don’t have to travel with it, then I’m returning to where the trip all started, at the Wynn! Also looking forward to dinner at Lotus of Siam with Cuse, and possibly NBZ also.

4 Likes

No, I only thought that from some of the hands discussions in the poker hands thread. Some amusing back and forth in there

:grin:

Then we can finally get the required threesome itt.

6 Likes

Last full day in Vegas…. It’s been a fun trip. Checked out of my Airbnb, then went to the bank to drop off most of my roll. Now I’m back at the Wynn, planning to play until I have to leave for my flight at 6:30 am tomorrow.

So it looks like how today goes will make or break whether I finish up or not on this trip.

Guess we’ll see, on the list for 2/5, let’s goooooo!

15 Likes

The real treasure are the friends we made at Korean BBQ

5 Likes

Much happier with my play today, generally played more aggressively in late position and it worked out well. Was +2200 at one point, then lost a big one AJ > QJ on J-J-9-T. Obviously I got it in because I thought I was ahead, but if I hit any of my ten outs, it might have been a +5k session. As it is I’ll settle for +700.

NotBruceZ has a stack past the dinner break in his tournament, so he can’t join us tonight, but I’m on my way to Lotus with Cuse, will report back

6 Likes

I’m not up on gimmick accounts, but if cuse really isn’t part of this place anymore, try to convince him to come back. I miss that guy.

1 Like

Well, I just busted, but I’m going to decompress a bit.

Eat some garlic prawns for me. Thanks, and enjoy!

(Hi cuse, hope you’re doing well)

Cuse came and picked me up at the Wynn, and we headed over to Lotus of Siam. This scene greeted us as we pulled in, anybody need some pants?

I suspect a homeless person had some sort of wardrobe malfunction and needed to change on the fly. Anyway…

They asked if we wanted a drink, and I said I was fine with water. Then Cuse ordered a Thai iced tea, and when I saw it, I had to order one too.

That’s tea on the bottom, condensed milk on the top, so it was super sweet. You’re supposed to stir it up:

I planned ahead for this trip, and by that I mean I didn’t eat breakfast or lunch, so I was starving by the time we went for dinner. We started with the chicken satay appetizer:

That’s grilled chicken on a skewer, with peanut sauce on the side. Very tasty.

So as I was positively famished, I ordered two entrees. My favorite Thai dish at the Thai place back home is Khee Mao Noodles, which is these wide rice noodles in a sweet chili sauce with veggies, and you choose your protein and spice level.

Here, I knew the crispy duck is a Northern Thailand chef’s specialty. I’m not a big curry guy, because I don’t like coconut milk, so I ordered the crispy duck over drunken noodles, which are also wide rice noodles…. medium spicy. The duck tasted somewhere between chicken and turkey, but it had this skin on it that was crispy like paper. Also very tasty.

I also ordered the garlic prawns I’ve heard so much about. It’s basically these oversized shrimp that are breaded and deep fried in garlic sauce, coated with black pepper. It’s suuuper crispy, like potato chip crispy, and you can even eat the shells.

When I say these things were oversized, I mean they were huge. Here’s one:

Cuse got the chu chi prawns, which are grilled instead of fried, in a curry sauce. I tried one, it was good.

All in all, a highly successful meal. My two entrees were 30something dollars each, but they were GOOD. Service was on point, too…. They kept the waters full and promptly bussed the plates.

We chatted about news, politics, and all the salacious forum drama that follows from this place. I showed Cuse the posts asking him to come back, and maybe someday he will. For now, he’s content to lurk and let all the drama pass him by. But he is reading this and especially the newsy threads, so he’s not really gone.

I thanked him for the rides and two fantastic meals, and a promise to do it again next time we’re in town for WSOP.

I’d say Hobak was the most unique and memorable dining experience, and Lotus or Esther’s Kitchen was the best food.

Now I’m back at the Wynn, trying to squeeze as much poker in as I can before my flight in the morning.

21 Likes