This Forum imitating Roger Fucking Stone would be a bad thing

This is not something that should be representative of Unstuck IMO and I dont think it is even close.

Read this post for the full on problem

1 Like

You left out the part where I mention I am not sure if it is legal. You have to realize I am also not commenting on how ethical it is, only that it is likely to be effective for the type of information warfare he is talking about. I have been hoping decency and the common good would prevail for a while but if anything we are heading the other direction.

He is right about the playing field not being level and that being a major disadvantage. What we do about it seems like a valid topic of discussion.

Pretty sure astronomically more people want you banned than me dude. I want to make a difference, and as per your usual youā€™re being toxic and dishonest.

2 Likes

Agree that the notion of copying Mitch and Roger Stone (lol) is any kind of a thing to do or would even be strategically smart (sure our aholes are really going to do the right thing when it comes to governing), but, seriously, free speech. No banning imo.

Come on man

1 Like

I think the metaphorical time to arm yourselves is when they start shooting at you. Roger Stone has been shooting at us for decades without any return fire. If youā€™ve got a better idea I want to hear it.

If anyone thinks I genuinely want to go do this youā€™re super wrong, Iā€™ve got a good life and donā€™t need to take this riskā€¦ I just finally accepted that nobody is going to do it this last couple of days and I donā€™t want to keep caring without being able to see how Iā€™m having an impact.

Thereā€™s really no widespread vision, just a few people talking about it a lot. I think this is first just a place for people to chat. If subgroups get together and do more, good for them, but thereā€™s no way to get to anything like a unified mission here.

1 Like

This I totally agree with.

What is ā€œthat threadā€?

1 Like

Can we not do this? Can we just skip the next several hundred posts and just agree that we have our differences and move on

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m good with being done here.

Why not move the organize or privatize in such a way that you have to ask for permission to view the thread (no n00bs obv)?

I have no personal qualms with people organizing. Grassroots movements are a way to stimulate change. I would just rather this forum not be used as a party HQ if it does take off though.

1 Like

Totally agreed. That thread is me hoping to be talked out of this more than a little bit.

In addition to Roger Stone, et al, we already have massive assholes controlling the D party w/ oceans of quasi-ethical money with strings attached by corporate interests. See Rahm Emanuel. Incompetent jackass that is openly and proudly anti-progressive.

You want it to be one wayā€¦ but itā€™s the other way.

He said the exact opposite which is probably were the disagreement arises from:

ā€œWe take no money with any possible strings attached.ā€

Yes, BS is extremely arrogant, agree on that.

1 Like

So this is interesting to me, and maybe itā€™s something you can help me understand. I know over on 22, there are people like Birdman who seems to have a worldview very similar to yours.

It seem like he is often talking about people coming together, organizing, and working to fight the system and invoke change.

If the current system (specifically the majority Republican senate in a country that clearly has more democratic values and is working through an antiquated system that provides more power to those who want to destroy norms and inflict pain on minority groups) is one that we as a relative collective want to fight against, isnt the first step to organize and come together as a collective and use our collective strengths to take on the system that we find abhorrent?

Maybe Iā€™m wrong, but when ove spoken to Birdman about things like general strikes and exactly how a change to the system would be achieved, the first step is always organization and comradery.

My understanding was that he wanted to raise money with ads targeting deplorables that say shit like ā€œestablishment Rs have betrayed Donald Trump, time to make them pay!ā€ then use that money to help Ds with the type of dirty negative ads that all Rs use but Ds are too chickenshit to use in reverse.

Probably minimal impact but seems fine to me.

Why are so many people on here so fucking dramatic lately

3 Likes

I gotcha. I wasnt talking specifically about his post. Letā€™s take that a way for a minute and assume that we want to organize to help in the GA runoffs without creating sock puppets (no idea what those are tbh.)

Shouldnt that be a good thing in your mind? Is it wrong to say that sometimes systematic changes have to start from within?