This Forum imitating Roger Fucking Stone would be a bad thing

I think everyone is on little sleep and probably more drug and alcohol use in the last week. I know I had to tell myself yesterday to stop berating morons on social media before everyone who knows me thinks I have snapped and completely lost it.

1 Like

Like every R ad gives the feel of “the communist Ds are going to break into your house, rape your wife while you watch, then murder your friends and family.”

D ads are like “no we are actually good people, and Rs want to take away your shitty Obamacare plan! Burn!”

It’s asymmetric warfare.

1 Like

When I see someone - in response to unending GOP fuckery - brainstorming ideas to combat it, I don’t think ban him. I think, I feel your pain, man. I trust the people on this forum to eventually arrive at a strategy for pursuing change that is both effective and free of collateral damage.

Also I’d be a lot more receptive to V complaining about how this forum is represented if he didn’t spend so much of his posting time telling people to fuck off.

2 Likes

My advice in the other thread originally was to get competent legal counsel who knows about election/campaign finance laws. So I am suggesting the opposite of doing anything illegal. On the other hand I don’t see how using every legal tool at your disposal to fight back is wrong. Especially when the long term result of that is beneficial to a huge amount of people.

Im sorry man, I just don’t think you are right. The difference between a red and blue senate here will have a verifiable impact on millions of lives. You being comfortable enough that a red senate isnt going to do jack to you seems like an example of immense privilege

This is an example of telling someone to fuck off without telling someone to fuck off

2 Likes

Right. This is the type of good-faith, non-aggressive, self-regulated posting that represents this forum well.

ETA: Ponied by @CanadaMatt3004. Well played sir.

I don’t think it is. I was trying to be constructive, and identifying our own privileges is important. I also want to get your feedback as a leftist on what actually SHOULD be done, instead of telling everyone else their ideas suck.

You want feedback and to make decisions as a unit? Step up and provide YOUR answers, not just shit on everyone else’s.

1 Like

I know you’re not going to take this to heart and I’m wasting my time, but it’s posts like this one which cause most of the people who tune you out to tune you out.

The others are your constant strawmanning of both candidates’ and other posters’ positions + your stupid purity tests that lead nowhere but to threads like this one.

HTH

2 Likes

Fair enough. Ill back off now. I have this same problem with Birdman from the left. He very rarely offers actual ideas and plans and instead just shits all over people who are trying to invoke change from within the system.

I get that you don’t think thats what BS was going for here, but some of us are.

I mean…it does breach the only forum rule we have which is “Be nice”.

Nobody should be banned for posting a bad idea in good faith. BS should be encouraged to take his centrist group to keep a centrist party centrist elsewhere as it doesn’t reflect the diversity of this forum imo.

@zikzak

“You need to wait an hour between posts in this topic”

This should be reconsidered.

Fine. Everybody shit on the rug yet again. Act like fucking 4 year olds.

Good. Thank you.

People shouldn’t shit on each other though.

@Vict0ar,

Maybe consider changing the thread title to not call for banning? And maybe make it not personal - like “Dems imitating Roger Fucking Stone would be a bad thing.” ?

3 Likes

Should all threads be representative of Unstuck?

What does this forum portray itself as? Really, we’re just talking about tactics. These tactics can be employed for various causes and you might be better served to try to hijack them for your goals. They don’t have to be used to aid the Democratic establishment. I don’t care if you copy them and use them against Buttigieg or Biden or whoever your bogeyman is.

I prefer change that is effective with collateral damage over change that is ineffective with no collateral damage.

Overall, my view is that politics is war and that we should engage in total war. Maybe some people would have been more successful in their fight if their best tactic wasn’t unleashing an army of snake emojis.

1 Like

I may be shouting into the void, but let me give you my actual response to this. FWIW I think you’re likely a cool person and we probably have a lot in common both idealogically and personally. My only nitpick is posting style.

I read your post before I said anything. I agree that it’s good to have a moral compass when considering how to engage in politics, because a major problem with politics is how the participants’ moral compasses have decayed. That said, I understand Boredsocial’s concern that we’re ill-equipped to combat GOP fascism using only existing tools. I think there probably is a point where “punching back” via weaponization of internet resources might become justifiable, in the same way that transitioning from protest - > riot at some point becomes a necessary strategy for combatting authoritarianism. My recollection of your posting suggests that you’re in support of the latter, but you say you’re vehemently anti- what Boredsocial is brainstorming. Also based on my recollection of your posting (which may be incorrect), is the suspicion that your reaction to this is less about Boredsocial’s methods and more about your perception that such activity serves to further entrench the Democratic establishment. Which brings me to my next point.

I disagree that what Boredsocial is suggesting will necessarily entrench the establishment. I’m sympathetic to your assertion otherwise, but I don’t know that you and I are reading that thread in the same way. Posters therein are initially targeting the Georia runoff, yes, but with the eventual goal of transitioning to support of progressive grassroots candidates (e.g., AOC) that can theoretically realign the DNC from within. You can disagree with that strategy, but I think it’s worth at least representing it in good-faith.

Finally, my comments on your posting in general are just feedback. You can take it or leave it. Your anger at the establishment is - in my view - entirely justified. Your anger at other posters on this site seems frequently not, and seems to go against your purported investment in representing this site well. So you’re probably a cool person, and I imagine we’d enjoy having a beer while talking about how to build a permaculture commune in place of the DNC building. But I think you may be making a disingenuous argument that is less about that and more about venting your hatred for the establishment in a way that unfairly targets Boredsocial.

I could be wrong. And I have no ill-will about this. But I want people to be able to brainstorm ideas for change on this forum - at least those not calling for violence - without being targeted and attacked to this extent.

4 Likes

shit what was the old title?

cool give me a few to read the threads

1 Like

Hoping for at least a few likes out of this.

I will say for now though that Vict0ar is probably in the 99th percentile of people here who actually went out and knocked doors and phonebanked and pounded the pavement for a candidate. It’s wildly unfair that he receives these accusations as some disengaged and unmotivated shit-talking naysayer.

6 Likes