Things to do while on lockdown for coronavirus

Just saw this post.

I taught my daughter nlhe when she was in middle school. She picked it up like a sponge and was soon saying things like “that flop likely hit the three-bettor”, “range advantage”, “perfect bluff card”, “polarized river bet”, etc. By the time she reached high school I am sure she was better than me.

3 Likes

How about some art / painting? I got a set of gouache supplies for xmas I haven’t really torn into yet.

1 Like

Oh man I am so far behind on so much shit. I could watch tv nonstop the entire 14 days 24 hours and not come close to catching up.

I bought a Bandai Gundam set a while ago. Looking forward to finally putting it together.

3 Likes

Yes, going to go on there in a few minutes. I played a few hands last weekend, and .05/.10 seems pretty nitty compared to my usual 1/3 live game.

Other things to do:

• plant garden (if seeds/supplies can be procured)
  • spring cleanup
  • house repairs (if tools/supplies can be procured)
  • make/freeze stock, applesauce
  • make kombucha or beer or infused vodka
  • make bread/pizza/rolls
  • catch up on TV shows
  • jigsaw puzzles
  • work out

For bread:
bread flour (or all-purpose if it’s all you have, but bread flour makes a better crust)
yeast
oil
salt
oven (or dutch oven on a woodstove, fireplace, or grill if your power is out)
__
For pastries/cakes/pies:
cake or pastry flour
eggs
butter, shortening, sometimes oil
sugar - confectioners, granulated and brown
fruits/chocolate
food coloring
cake pan
baking sheets
rubber spatulas

1 Like

get drunk
watch movies

1 Like

Bushnell doubled down.

1 Like

Redownloaded a WPN skin to play some online pokers. Blitz poker is fun–I missed out when Full Tilt introduced it back in the day.

Also, 5c/10c plays like I remember 0.5/1 playing back in the day, wtf. How does anyone make money at online poker anymore? I doubt I’m +EV at microstakes.

2 Likes

They don’t for the most part, AFAICT.

2 Likes

Man just imagine how soft the games would be right now if online poker was suddenly made legal. I’d have to jump back in.

5 Likes

Write my travel memoir!

But instead I think I’ll just freak myself being hyper online for 12 hours a day. That’s good.

4 Likes

Do you know if the kindle version of FWSY is formatted well? These types of books I sometimes avoid on kindle because for some reason the formatting often blows.

I’m going to start rowing again tomorrow. No excuses especially since I don’t have to commute for at least 3 weeks.

Dunno, I don’t actually have that book. I do have an ebook of Bread Baker’s Apprentice tho and am happy with the formatting.

1 Like

Drag out the thousand-piece puzzle that’s missing 43 pieces and get to work

1 Like

I’m going to take my own advice upthread and cook some fun food, starting tomorrow.

Texas-style chili
Beef/veggie stew
SE Asian inspired lentil soup
(Batch and freeze)

The smoked chili verde I made in the Cooking Good Food thread was probably the best chili I’ve ever had - will take another shot at that this week sometime assuming I can find the chilis.

2 Likes

I applaud you for hooking a kid up with a real instrument that takes a lot of practice and dedication. I also pity you.

Ha, thanks. They play acoustic pretty well and can play electric a little already so it’s not too painful, and we are lucky to have a lot of space so I’m not too close to their room most of the time.