Things to do while on lockdown for coronavirus

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnlegend/status/1239666268627546112

1 Like

Anyone have a cheapish desk chair that they like? < $200? I usually work from home 2 days a week, and I donā€™t hate my chair, but itā€™s going to be rough for 5 days a week. I canā€™t test in stores obviously, so Iā€™m open to buying one on blind faith.

Iā€™d love your SE Asian Inspired lentil soup recipe if you want to share.

This is a quick recipe that my 9 year old likes, uses basically pantry supplies, and you can use canned spinach instead of fresh. I think itā€™s just OK.

1 Like

Cheers, here goes:

Coconut oil for the pan
Onion - 1ea chopped
Garlic - 3ea minced
Knob o grated ginger
Curry power - 2T?
Red chili flakes - 1t
Lentils - 1 heaping cup, you choose the color
Crushed canned tomatoes - 15oz can
Veg stock - 1 box
Coconut milk - 1ea 14oz can
S+P til youā€™re happy
Enjoy w cilantro and lime wedges

Heat pan, add oil, add g/o/g, do cooking, add seasonings and lentils, stir to evenly distribute ingredients. Add tomatoes, stock, bring to simmer and continue to do cooking. Season liberally w s+p. Reduce heat to gentle blub blub blub and go for 1hr. Add coco milk and blub blub for 1 more hr. Taste and season, taste and season.

LMK how it turns out - post in the food thread?. Iā€™ll get after this recipe later in the week.

2 Likes

Was it made that way or did you just lose them?

If the former, that is delightfully evil.

I actually have all of this, minus cilantro. Iā€™ll give it a run! Thank you.

1 Like

It depends. I believe sometimes they get treated with something that prevents or inhibits sprouting (I only grew varieties that got made into potato chips, so sprouting was never a concern) but otherwise, if it has an eye on it, you should be able to grow another potato plant.

Aside from reading and meditation, Iā€™m going to give bread baking a second shot (tried last year, but couldnā€™t keep the culture going) and get a hang board set up inside so I can come out of this pandemic as a climbing beast.

1 Like

I recommend starting with Mark Bittmanā€™s no-knead recipe if anyone else is interested in baking bread and is doing it for the first time.

1 Like

Results:

• Lie awake at night
  • Contemplate death
  • Worry about young adult children
  • Worry about old parents
  • Make up shit about what I did yesterday for the standup (daily team meeting)
  • Puzzles from Sat through Mon:

4 Likes

:game_die: 6, 1

2 Likes

:game_die: 4, 4

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of Creation is completed inside us, the doors of our souls fly open, and love steps forth to heal everything in sight. ā€” Michael Bridge

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

:left_speech_bubble: The world is always in movement. ā€” V. Naipaul

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

@discobot initiate self destruct

1 Like

At least Alexa has a lame, unfunny response for that command.

Saw this on a deal site I follow, just in case anyone has a need to fill in isolation: